Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About the job
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
To support the Banc assurance business growth strategy, we are looking for a dynamic, proactive professional with strong credential and relevant work experience to fill the above position.
REPORTING TO: GENERAL MANAGER-FAMILY BANK INSURANCE AGENCY.
Job Purpose: responsible for acquisition of insurance business within the assigned region/branch with the overall objective of growing the overall bank`s profitability through Non funded income generated from Insurance sales commission income
- Drive growth in Bancassurance business across and outside Family bank distribution Channels-through new business acquisition / Cross sells
- Execution of day to day Insurance operations at branch level which entails new business development and cross-selling of insurance products, claims administration and documentation
- Follow-up on customer insurance policy renewals to ensure desired business retention rations are achieved through timely contact and engagements with respective renewal customer
- Develop good working relationships with various bank departments, working closely with branches business teams, relationship managers & Credit officers to generate insurance business and leads through their customers.
- Ensure customer inquiries are resolved promptly as per laid down policies and procedures.
- Champion Insurance products and all relevant business processes training at the branch level to sensitize branch staff on bancassurance business
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and internal procedures in relation to bancassurance business.
- Ensure all collaterals and assets that have the Bank`s interest is properly and comprehensively insured and the bank’s interest properly noted.
- Ensuring that debt level is managed proactively and maintained minimally, and in line with laid down Credit policies and underwriting guidelines.
- Checking and verifying the accuracy, completeness of the documents against checklists provided according to product lines; KYC/AML compliance requirements.
- Any other official duty that may be allocated by management from time to time.
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
- A holder of university degree from a recognized university in Insurance, Business, Finance or other related field.
- Professional qualification in any Insurance related field will also be an added advantage
- Certificate of Proficiency(COP)
- At least two years active working experience in direct sales in a Bancassurance environment or Insurance industry.
- Exposure to Bancassurance processes and procedures will be an added advantage.
Key Competencies and Attributes:
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish new client relationships and generate new and Cross sell business
- Full understanding of all products, sound knowledge of the bank processes and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of Insurance products, underwriting processes and emerging market/industry trends
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with internal and external partners.
- Team working skills with ability to deliver and exceed targets
- Excellent business development and Client relationship Management skills.
- Exposure to Insurance products in the bank set-up with knowledge of the Bank’s set standards, policies and operating manual, with sound knowledge of bank products.
- Practical understanding of the relevant regulatory environment
ALL applicants MUST apply online to the email; firstname.lastname@example.org; closing date is 27th June 2022. Canvassing will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“We are an equal opportunity employer”