Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit an ICT Customer Services Technician to respond to customer requests by diagnosing and resolving ICT incidents and for supporting the ongoing technology needs by providing Level 1 and 2 help desk support.
ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org
The job holder diagnoses & resolves ICT incidents, provides level 1 & 2 helpdesk support, and maintenance for moderately to highly complex client products and works on one or more projects concurrently as a team member.
- Be the first point of contact and day-to-day technical support to end-users
- Respond to Level 2 support requests via multiple sources such as phone and e-mail
- Enter call data into the tracking system
- Interact with clients in a courteous and professional manner
- Provide user access service
- Diagnose problems by evaluating multiple options
- Develop checklists and scripts for resolving routine problems
- Escalate problems when necessary
- Document problem status and resolution in the tracking log
CLIENT TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT:
- Coordinate the deployment of new or upgraded images, software, and hardware for multiple clients
- Configure and install desktop PCs, peripheral equipment, laptops, and other mobile devices
- Follow established procedures for performing configuration changes, updates, and upgrades
- Perform minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications
- Provide ongoing support for client technology
- Provide technical support to meetings that include video conferencing
- Monitor and communicates system status.
- Diagnose and resolve client workstation and mobile device hardware and software issues
- Create temporary solutions until permanent solutions can be implemented
- Assist systems, programming, and vendor professionals, as needed to resolve problems
- Maintain passwords and users’ credentials to assure systems security and data integrity
SERVICE LEVEL MANAGEMENT:
- Collaborate in the development of service-level objectives and take steps to meet or exceed targets
- Explain service procedures to clients
- Follow up on time to ensure customer satisfaction
- Keep performance metrics
- Identify recurring and potential problems and notifies team members
- Recommend procedures and controls for service improvements
- Recommend ideas for improving queue time, abandoned call rates, and first contact resolution
- Create, modify, and review the documentation of issues resolutions
- Document solutions to common problems and respond to frequently asked questions
- Create and submit the documented resolutions to Knowledge Base
- Maintain IT inventory management for all IT equipment and/or software following the institute policy and procedures.
- Make suggestions for the design of a standard set of integrated products (standard image) by recommending hardware and software products to meet client requirements
- Recommend products to clients by understanding needs and referring to the corporate standards list
- Perform any other related duties as may be required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field with at least 3 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated working knowledge of moderately complex hardware and software products and problem solving / diagnostic skills
- Proficiency in the use of office/business applications
Post location: The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya
Terms of Appointment
This position is at job level HG 12 and it is only open to Kenyan nationals.
The position is a 3-year contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funding. ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; pension, medical and other insurances, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funding.
How to apply: Applicants should send a cover letter and CV expressing their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development by clicking on the “Apply Now” tab above before 27 June 2022. The position title and reference number REF: CS/509/2022 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
To find out more about ILRI visit our websites at http://www.ilri.org