Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
HIAS Kenya seeks to recruit a national-level Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Assistant to provide technical support to the Country M&E Officer to maintain and refine MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning) systems at HIAS Kenya. The M&E Assistant will maintain and refine
systems to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness, strategic alignment, cost and overall impact of HIAS’ refugee assistance programs in Kenya as well as generate knowledge for learning and entrench accountability mechanisms in the organization processes. S/he coordinates closely with the Country
M&E Officer to ensure that HIAS Kenya is aligned to organization-wide monitoring and evaluation policies, systems, and tools for evidence generation in the region.
• Support the continued improvement of key MEAL standards, processes, and systems/tools and establishing and maintaining strong monitoring systems.
• Support the M&E Officer in program design and development of objectives and indicators.
• Support the M&E Officer in drafting and maintain up-to-date M&E plans, frameworks and M&E sections of project work plans/operating plans.
• Support the M&E Officer in assessment and evaluation activities, including TOR development, evaluator recruitment, and in-country oversight of external evaluation timelines and deliverables.
• Support the M& E officer in maintaining awareness of best practices and policies for M&E and assist in training program staff on these practices as needed.
• Support in tracking, analyzing, and regularly reporting on program indicators, progress against targets, program successes, and lessons learnt.
• In coordination with the Country M&E Officer, assist the project team in the reporting function of the internal CMS as well as ensuring data quality in the system by conducting data checks to ensure
data quality related to analysis and research.
• Serve as the accountability to affected populations (AAP) assistant lead within country office.
• Support in establishing and maintaining beneficiary feedback mechanisms; supporting accountable response to all beneficiary feedback and ensuring that the feedback mechanisms are inclusive,
accessible, and appropriate for the beneficiary population.
• In coordination with Country M&E Officer, train program and country office staff on best practices for AAP.
• Support in setting up a system for collecting and sharing lessons learnt within and across projects and site offices as well as documentation of lessons learned, ensuring that they are included in all new project development and annual planning processes.
• Assist in ensuring that meetings on lessons learnt are conducted at the end of projects (appropriate to length, scale, and complexity) to highlight cross-project components aimed at replicating good practices and strengthening synergies between projects or program
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Undergraduate degree in Monitoring and Evaluation or Project Management, Statistics, Demographics, or any other relevant field.
• A minimum of 1-2 years of work experience and experience in M&E preferred.
• English fluency required (oral and written).
• Background in humanitarian or refugee issues desired.
• Ability to manage, track and report on program data; proficiency with Excel in tracking and analyzing data.
• Experience in use of data management systems, statistical software, and/or data visualization platforms preferred.
• Strong writing and communication skills, including familiarity with writing funder reports, SOPs, and other program management documents.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines.
• Excellent critical thinking skills; ability to multi-task.
• Knowledge of Accountability to Affected Populations (AAP)
• Knowledge in PSEA
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills required or permanent location. Location is subject to change based on programmatic needs. Flexibility is essential as we grow and develop. The
successful candidate must be comfortable in a fast-paced, changing work environment with many crucial deadlines. All team members may be required to perform duties outside of their normal work hours of responsibilities as needed.
SAMPLE HIRING PROCESS:
We are committed to a fair and respectful hiring process, and we do our absolute best to respond to every applicant. We prioritize communication and transparency with all candidates, even those who are not moving forward. Here’s a snapshot of our hiring process:
Step 1: Submit your application!
Step 2: Phone screen with a Human Resources staff person.
Step 3: Interview with the hiring manager.
Step 4: Interview with a panel of HIAS employees.
Step 5: Reference check.
Step 6: Offer and background check.
Step 7: Start your professional journey with HIAS!
Note: Some of our hiring processes may vary, and not all candidates will advance to each step.
Over one hundred years ago, the Jewish community founded HIAS (originally the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society) in New York City, the immigrant gateway to America. Supporting Jews fleeing persecution and poverty in Eastern Europe, our founders were guided by the traditions, texts and
history of the Jewish people—a history of oppression, displacement and diaspora. HIAS has since helped generations of Jews facing violence because of who they were, and HIAS remains committed to helping Jewish refugees anywhere in the world. Today, our clients at HIAS come from diverse faiths,
ethnicities and backgrounds, as do our staff. We bring our experience, history and values to our work across five continents, ensuring that refugees today receive the vital services and opportunities they need to thrive.
HIAS is a learning community, committed to diversity and inclusion. We do our work with integrity, accountability, transparency and a commitment to the highest ethical standards. We seek employees from diverse backgrounds and life experiences to join our teams located in the United States and across
the globe. People who identify as BIPOC, people with disabilities, people from the LGBTQ+ community and people with lived experiences of forced displacement or immigration are all encouraged to apply. We are committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects our vision,
mission and values.
HIAS stands for a world in which refugees find welcome, safety and opportunity.
Drawing on our Jewish values and history, HIAS provides vital services to refugees and asylum seekers around the world and advocates for their fundamental rights so they can rebuild their lives.
Welcome • Acogimiento • Hospitalité • הכנסתאורחים (Hachnasat Orchim)
We Welcome the Stranger
Justice • Justicia • Justice • צדק (Tzedek)
We Pursue Justice
Empathy • Empatía • Empathie • חסד (Chesed)
We Approach our Clients with Empathy
Partnership • Compañerismo • Coopération • חברותא (Chevruta)
We Believe in Changing the World through Partnership
Courage • Coraje • Courage • אומץ (Ometz)
We Act with Courage to Build a Better World
Resilience • Resiliencia • Résilience • רוח (Ruach)
We Adapt and Thrive, Continuously Demonstrating our Resilience
HIAS is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnic background, ancestry, citizenship status, religious creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, physical disability, mental disability,
medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, pregnancy, childbirth, military status, protected veteran status, political orientation or other legally protected status.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume through the link Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant – Careers At HIAS Inc. (hrmdirect.com) quoting the position title: M & E Assistant on the subject. Indicate your
salary expectation as well. Closing Date: 21st June 2022
Important: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
HRTK is an equal opportunity employer, does not charge candidates for recruitment and dissociates itself from any entity defrauding candidates.