Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Senior Administrative Associate to provide high-level administrative and logistical support to Environmental Occupational Health and Safety (EOHS) and Research compliance (RC) unit.
ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org
- Organise and participate in high-level meetings, conferences, workshops, project events and coordinate logistics such as travel, accommodation, venues etc
- Prepare various correspondence, reports, minutes, other relevant material and ensure dispatch of the same
- Undertake research on specific assignments, analyse data and provide relevant information as may be required
- Edit and proofread documents for form, style, and accuracy
- Support EOHS training, internal and external audit programs by preparing yearly programs and ensuring implementation of the program
- Coordinate EOHS / RC online training for ILRI staff
- Set up and follow up on appointments, attend to visitors, telephone calls, action/work plans and other inquiries
- Assist in liaising with, programme management officers and assistants across the institute’s corporate services, People and Organizational Development and Capacity Development
- In-charge of Head of EOHS/RC diary/calendar
- Support Head of EOHS/RC with oversight of internal and external audits noncompliance and observations raised during audits by preparing an audits management plans and ensure noncompliance and observations are closed in a timely manner
- In collaboration with the unit accountant, Managers and Head of EOHS/RC, prepare and monitor annual budget expenditure
- Facilitate the procurement of goods and services such as office supplies, travel requests, consultancies etc
- Develop and oversee filing systems and databases
- Review and process payments
- Coordinate knowledge sharing activities and maintain effective communication with stakeholders
- Carry out Customer satisfaction surveys for EOHS / Research compliance services.
- Manage EOHS and research compliance helpdesk
- Perform any other related duties as may be required
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, business administration or a related field degree plus two years relevant experience
- Training and certification in management systems e.g. ISO, customer service, office management, MS Office etc
- Good understanding of methods, techniques, and procedures of implementation of quality management systems
- Ability to perform a wide range of administrative functions such as budgets, database management, procurement, minute taking etc
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Excellent oral and writing communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Experience in handling sensitive and confidential information
- Experience working in an international organization
- Post location: The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya
Terms of Appointment This position is at job level HG 12. The position is 3 years contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funding. ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes pension, medical and other insurances
How to apply: Applicants should send a cover letter and CV expressing their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development by clicking on the “Apply Now” tab above before 29 June 2022. The position title and reference number REF: REF: CS/490/2022 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
ILRI is an equal opportunity employer.
You must be logged in to post a comment.