Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Requisition ID: req28386
Job Title: Supply Chain Intern
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Intern
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Under the direct supervision of the Supply Chain Officer, the Supply Chain Intern is responsible for supporting the Supply Chain Manager in delivery of all supply chain functions in Nairobi office.
Procurement and Logistics:
- Understand, implement and maintain IRC standard procurement policies and procedures
- Ensure that procurement is carried out in accordance to IRC and donor-specific polices
- Obtain quotations from suppliers by preparing and submitting Request for Quotations (RFQs) or Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
- Monitor supplier performance and follow-up with suppliers on quality issues and timely delivery of goods
- Ensure that all supplies, services and equipment required are delivered on time
- Establish and maintenance ethical, professional working relationships with suppliers
- Utilise the online Integra system for Procurement tracking and documentation.
- Provide a timely response to field/requestor with an acknowledgement or an update
- Maintain Integra vendor/supplier files.
- Proactively provide feedback and updates to requesters on their requests within 48hrs.
- Perform other duties, as appropriate or requested by Supply Chain manager/Supply Chain Officer
- Any other duties Assigned
- Diploma/Bacheror Degree in purchasing and supply chain management or Procurement related field
- Strong sense of personal integrity
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Team spirit and problem solving abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Remains productive when under pressure
- Demonstrates a systematic and efficient approach to work
- Relates and works well with people of different cultures, gender and backgrounds
- Commitment, punctuality, proactive, a good team player, ability to work under difficult conditions in the field, trustworthy, honesty, etc
- All IRC staff are required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector. IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.