Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Technical Program Manager, Digital Square
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges
The Center of Digital and Data Excellence (CoDE) at PATH works with government ministries of health, the private sector, and donors to strengthen the use of digital technologies and data for improved health services. Digital Square is one of CoDE’s flagship global initiatives. It is PATH-led and funded by multiple donors, including USAID and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, to advance digitally enabled health services to help close the health equity gap. Conceived from the lessons of the inefficiencies and redundancies of prior investments in digital technologies for international development, Digital Square works with ministries of health to align adaptable, interoperable digital technologies with local health needs and brings partners together to improve how the global community designs, uses, and pays for digital health tools and approaches.
PATH is currently recruiting for a Technical Program Manager (TPM) for its Digital Square team. The Technical Program Manager will report to the team lead and/or Deputy Director of Global Goodsand will work with the Digital Square technical team, which is focused on Global Goods, to provide architectural input and oversight of work, quality and technical direction of the Digital Square Initiative and active awards within the initiative.
Do you want to use your technical skills to help drive forward the adoption of open source health technologies? Want to use your coding and architectural skills to help a range of products advance themselves through providing guidance and review? Are you passionate about seeing software tools mature and be used to solve health problems? Want to form part of a global team that helps create and advance international standards and health information systems architectural patterns?
Responsibilities will be reflective of evolving Digital Square priorities, and may include:
- Provide oversight of assigned global goods awards including technical review of proposed scopes and deliverables, design and oversee quality assurance of global good investments, and support donor and external communications as they relate to global goods.
- Review and evaluate the code developed and products advanced in the global good awards.
- Provide active technical guidance to awards and contribute to the growth of the knowledge space of Digital Health and Global Goods.
- Communicate, coordinate and negotiate with internal and external partners, donors and stakeholders on technical recommendations to global goods platforms and appropriate use of global goods, such as those being invested in by Digital Square.
- Support the Deputy Director to engage with investors in global goods, explain what they are, and advocate for how they can be used.
- Be an active member of designated open source communities and contribute towards the advancement of the global goods and communities.
- Ensure the appropriate management of work plans and donor deliverables by overseeing the development and tracking of project work plan, timelines, milestones, resource allocation, and deliverables.
- Address or escalate issues related to project execution when there are budgetary implications, concerns from donor/government or procedural issues.
- Coordinate implementation of assessment frameworks across areas. Serve as the primary coordinator of research, technical writing, and reporting for project deliverables.
- Lead team meetings, define agendas, strategic direction/questions, and provide insights into key risks, challenges, and opportunities that should be presented to project team and/or donor or government.
- Effectively manage, track, and mitigate risks associated with project implementation by monitoring dependencies across the workplan with particular attention to non-compliance and regulatory standards. Work with project administrators to ensure financial management practices are followed.
- Participate in project reviews and prepare written technical reports and presentations for government and clients.
- Support project leadership to engage with government officials and donors in support of the digital health initiatives. Work directly with grant donors to refine and deliver materials as requested, often working across partnerships for coordination of country-specific and regional opportunities.
Architectural and Technical Leadership
- Provide architectural input and design council to external stakeholders and internal teams as it relates to interoperable health information systems in the public sector.
- Recommend and help teams align the appropriate use of standards and architectures in projects (e.g. OpenHIE, HL7 FHIR, IHE profiles etc.) as well as assist in drafting and developing new profiles as projects require.
- Contribute towards the advancement of global standards and guidelines such as IHE and HL7 FHIR as required.
- Represent Digital Square as a technical leader to external stakeholders at technical meetings, conferences and workshops.
- Support the Digital Square program through, on occasion, providing technical quality assurance on global good deliverables. This may extend to technical reviews, documentation validation and/or validating software development deliverables (as applicable to the global goods the role engages with).
Country Implementations and Regional Networks
- Provide technical support to nominated country programs in the review and implementation activities, with a focus on architecture and health information system design and implementation.
- Supervise and/or advise Digital Square team on best practices for country implementation projects as they relate to the technical and programmatic work products.
- Provide technical oversight and/or management of engagements and support to regional networks, including directing capacity-building hack-a-thons and training workshops.
- Support the broader Digital Square team with development of concept notes and technical approaches for new buy-ins for both new and existing donors.
- Be an active and engage technical team member and support the growth of internal teams as well as the implementers.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possess a deep familiarity with open-source global goods and the global digital health landscape.
- Familiarity with health information systems design, architecture, and implementation with a focus on interoperability and standards.
- Experience with constructing and setting up scopes of works for contracts and agreements.
- At least 5 years of experience in software development (using open-source tools) preferably development of health information systems.
- Familiarity with international health standards and architectural patterns including OpenHIE, HL7 FHIR and IHE.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for software development including coding standards, code reviews, testing, etc.
- Experience in business analysis and technical writing in the health domain.
- Experience working remotely with diverse teams of geographically distributed employees with multiple perspectives (global coalitions, associations, working groups, etc.) to set strategies and execute them successfully.
- Willingness and ability to travel globally up to 33% of the time.
Preferred skills and experience:
- Experience setting enterprise-level product visions and thinking through data standards and information exchanges across solutions.
- Credibly articulate expertise and experience in one or more of the following:
- introduction and scaling of digital technology in low- and middle-income countries.
- application of digital technology to strengthen health systems and services.
- Experience in managing contractors through a changing donor landscape and evolving global priorities under donor awards.
- Experience in managing and being accountable for managing complex contracting mechanisms within the field of Digital Health and/or with large scale programs funded by bi- and/or multi-lateral donor agencies such as USAID, GIZ, the UN, and others.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers. *
Please be advised:
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career’s page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org or @silkroad.com address.
Please report any suspicious communications to email@example.com.