Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Overall Purpose of the Job
The job holder will offer support and guidance to the board and management on governance and administration in order to ensure effective operations of the Society.
Duties and Responsibilities
- 1) Ensure all meetings of the Board of Directors are conducted in accordance with relevant governing laws and the Board charter.
- 2) Advise the Board and management on the regulatory compliance, governance and on legal matters
- 3) Ensure timely preparation and circulation of Board papers and Committee minutes.
- 4) Maintain proper records of legal documents and be the custodian of Board documents such as minute policy documents, Board charter etc.
- 5) Ensure that all meetings are minuted, signed off by the relevant directors and filed away.
- 6) Ensure that all the necessary filings are done at the Registrar of Companies.
- 7) Attend Annual General Meetings for the Society’s affiliated Companies and ensure that appointment of directors is carried out in accordance with the applicable law.
- 8) Attend to Changes in the Shareholding of the affiliated Companies.
- 9) Taking minutes at Annual General Meetings, board meetings, committee meetings and supervisory committee meetings.
- 10) Provide timely and detailed reports to the Board on all company secretarial matters.
- 11) Periodic review of requisite legal documents, by- laws, policies, rules and regulations.
- 12) Ensure compliance with the relevant legal regulatory framework that governs the society and provide relevant compliance reporting.
- 13) Conduct regular trainings to staff and respond to compliance inquiries and concerns from the staff and external parties.
- 14) Ensure implementation of the various existing internal policies by the society.
- 15) Improve and maintain the internal policies and procedures.
- 16) Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- 1) Be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya with a valid practicing certificate.
- 2) Be a Certified Secretary CS(K) .
- 3) Two or three years of working experience in a similar position and be a member in good standing of the Institute of Certified Secretaries of Kenya (ICSK).
- 4) Valid membership of the Law Society of Kenya.
Knowledge and Skills
- 1) Expertise in Legal matters.
- 2) Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to make quick judgement and decisions.
- 3) Must be a person of integrity with the ability to take initiative and meticulous attention to detail.
- 4) A performance driven individual with analytical and critical thinking skills.
If you meet the above requirements, kindly send your applications to email@example.com by 17th June, 2022.