Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is a leading Africa-based, African-led, international research institution headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya. APHRC conducts policy-relevant research on population, health, education, urbanization and related development issues in sub-Saharan Africa.
APHRC seeks to recruit a Software Developer to develop and support existing applications.
- The main scope of work will be to create new modules or make changes/modifications on existing staff access portal platform built on an ASP.net MVC framework that utilizes web services, to pull and manipulate data from Microsoft Navision 2017 e.g. leave application, timesheets, reporting etc.;
- Create HTML5 detailed data pages, grid views, tables to help the system users and their supervisors in reporting and allow export of the data to different formats;
- Create email/templates and notifications to users based on activities on the portal e.g. pending submission of timesheets, leave application notice to supervisors etc.; and
- Improve system authentication by making improvements to how users are authenticated to access different system modules.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science, computer engineering or any relevant field.
- A full stack web developer with at least 3 years of experience in design & development of web applications and use of relational databases, familiarity with the ASP.NET framework, SQL server and design/architectural patterns, and consumption of web services.
- Knowledge of at least one of the .NET languages (e.g. C#, Visual Basic .NET MVC and understanding of its entity frameworks) and HTML5/CSS3.
- Hands on experience with architecture styles/APIs (REST, RPC).
- Ability to create web pages to show online reports to application users using pivot reports, detailed data pages, grid views, tables or use of crystal reports.
- Developed user authentication mechanism using web services.
- Experience with jQuery to bring dynamic behavior to the web page and also perform AJAX calls to the MVC controllers.
- Understanding of Agile methodologies.
- Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills.
- Excellent skills in debugging user sessions and solving bugs.
- Ability to analyze and critique requirements and make recommendations on possible
- Ability to complete work independently, incorporate client feedback, and deliver on time.
This position is classified under Nationally Recruited Positions (NRP), Grade V and VI in our scales.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their application letter, detailed CV with links to a portfolio of links to similar platforms with user credentials provided for demo purposes, through our recruitment portal https://aphrc.org/vacancies/ by June 29, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted; shortlisted candidates will be required to have a Police Clearance Certificate. Cover letters should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center, Inc
APHRC Campus, Manga Close, off Kirawa Road, Kitisuru
P. O Box 10787-GPO, Nairobi
APHRC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of vulnerable persons