Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Location: Machakos, Kenya
CMMB intends to implement a community focused tuberculosis prevention, care and treatment project in Machakos and Makueni counties with support from the Global Fund to Fight Tuberculosis, AIDS and Malaria. The overall goal of the project is to ensure provision of quality care and prevention services for all people in Kenya with tuberculosis. Key to the project’s activities includes contributing to attainment of universal health coverage through comprehensive TB/HIV prevention, treatment and care for all people in Kenya. Amongst other result areas, the project seeks to contribute towards enhancing the diagnosis and treatment of children and adults with TB as well as those with multi drug resistant TB. This is besides increasing the uptake of TB preventive therapy to those at risk of TB by 2023.
CMMB is committed to learning and evolving in order to successfully achieve impact in its strategy and will have strong vertical and horizontal team structures in alignment to the global strategy in order to encourage accountability, communication, and effective project management.
The Programs Department plays a critical role in achieving CMMB’s strategy around improving the lives of women and children, by leading the provision of high quality programs focused on children’s and mothers’ health, and particularly in the development and implementation of our CHAMPS model. This team is also responsible for generating revenue from and partnering effectively with government(s), major foundations, and other major donors, and will help to position and enhance CMMB’s technical capacity and reputation in the field of global healthcare.
CMMB has been working in Kenya for almost 16 years. CMMB works to ensure that the most vulnerable populations, especially mothers and children, have access to quality services in health care, health promotion and illness prevention.
CMMB is looking for suitable candidates to fill this position. The Project Assistant will support the day-to-day implementation of project interventions and be responsible for realization of project deliverables within their areas of operation. Further, s/he will support operationalization of program quality, documentation, experience sharing and learning initiatives introduced by the project as well as contribute to the preparation of timely donor reports.
The position will also support the project’s stakeholder engagements in the counties with overall support and guidance of the Project Officer and Program Manager.
- Participate in planning of project activities and set high quality performance targets, ensuring adherence to mtechnical standards, best practices, and donor guidelines.
- Review and track progress of project implementation and utilization of project resources, using participatory processes to overcome implementation obstacles.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation related to project monitoring and implementation, including up-to-date performance data on the indicators being tracked by the project.
- Ensure a working environment of mutual trust, respect and care with other staff, encouraging effective teamwork with staff members and partners.
- Identification, recruitment and retention of beneficiaries
Budget and Financial Management
- Ensure that project activities comply with CMMB financial guidelines, policies, procedures and regulations.
- In collaboration with the finance teams and supporting the project officer, ensure timely payments of project beneficiaries and provide liquidation reports.
- Participate in the preparation of annual project budgets, quarterly and monthly budgets.
Monitoring, Accountability, Evaluation and Learning
- Use appropriate project management tools to plan, review and track project progress on project implementation.
- Promote innovative/effective methods towards achievement of project objectives.
- Support documentation processes of project success stories, best practices, lessons learnt and other project innovations and learnings.
- Supervise and mentor the Linkage assistants, community champions, CHVs and other community actors towards creating and enabling environment for TB patients.
- Support implementation of community-based project activities to ensure adherence to set quality standards.
- Monitor the performance of linkage assistants, champions, CHVs as well as other community actors and continuously mentor them as needed.
- Work with the Project and M&E Officers to prepare donor project narrative reports, collect monthly and quarterly performance data, as well as other reports needed/required.
- Regularly organize and coordinate meetings with key stakeholders on project progress and challenges.
- Engage stakeholders at all stages of the project cycle for their insights on the appropriateness of project approaches and interventions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Community Health or related field.
- At least three -year experience in community health work within a public health focused Non-Governmental Organization.
- Experience working with TB care and prevention intervention and health service delivery professionals (e.g. Community Health Workers, health care workers).
- Extensive understanding of Community Health Strategy and working with the various structures under the Community Health Strategy.
- Strong project management skills, as evidenced by impressive academic or professional results.
- Highly organized, flexible, and adaptable to changing priorities and able to work well under deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Excellent computer skills using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook—You must have demonstrable ability to format documents, prepare charts and manipulate data.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills to include conflict resolution, priority management, and managing expectations of multiple clients.
- Experience in the implementation of Global Fund TB grants is an added advantage.
- Comfortable working for a faith-based organization.
How to apply
Submit an application by clicking here.
All applications must be received by 24th June 2022.
Note: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.