Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Who we are
Girl Effect is an international non-profit that builds media that girls want, trust and need.
From chat-bots to chat-shows and TV dramas to tech, our content is reaching millions of girls in Africa and Asia to make choices and changes in their lives. Igniting their confidence to act differently at a time that can define their future.
We create safe spaces for girls, sharing facts, and answering questions about health, nutrition, education, relationships and so much more. And we use innovative technology so we can reach girls at scale. We arm girls with the skills to negotiate and redefine what they are told is possible, so every girl can choose to be in control of her body, her health, her learning and livelihood.
When a girl unlocks her power to make different choices that change her life, it inspires others to do so too. She starts a ripple effect that impacts her family, her community, her country. That’s the Girl Effect.
Context of the role
Girl Effect has big ambitions to deliver significant change for adolescent girls around the world. To achieve our goals, we need to develop partnerships with a wide variety of supporters, including foundations, institutions, corporations and philanthropists with the goal of raising funding for the organization.
The Fundraising Partnerships Manager will work within the development team to implement our fundraising strategy and work towards funding targets. Critical for success will be an ability to share the work of Girl Effect through compelling, sophisticated and technically excellent pitch decks, proposals, business cases and funding bids. They will coordinate across departments, ensuring that all aspects of the proposal process are completed, and for successful proposals, any further donor management needed for the life of the engagement such as reporting, marketing and communications, etc.
The Fundraising Partnerships Manager reports to the Director of Bilateral & Consortia Partnerships and is part of the organization’s development team. They will work closely and collaboratively with the partnerships, create, programs and impact teams, the country teams, the marketing and communications team, and other external stakeholders.
What you will do
- New business development – identify new opportunities for funding through existing and new donors to leverage Girl Effect’s ability to create change for girls; working with country and global teams, manage the design and proposal process for short term and multi year donor funded programmes
- Partnership management – serve as relationship manager on potential and live funding opportunities; work cross-organisationally to ensure successful handover of opportunities to the implementation teams
- External representation – position Girl Effect within key sectors of interest through external representation, positioning the organization as a thought leader and go-to partner for new business opportunities in girl-programming
Key responsibilities include:
- Identify new opportunities for Girl Effect to apply for funding from trusts, foundations and institutional donors
- Analyzing complex donor EOIs, RFPs and TORs, identifying donor requirements and where Girl Effect can add value
- Develop/maintain relationships with funders across the sector working in gender equality, sexual and reproductive health rights, economic empowerment, etc
- Support the development of, and write, strategic concept notes and proposals for funding opportunities
- Undertaking desk research into donor and sector trends in order to position Girl Effect for future funding opportunities
- Develop pitch decks, reports and other promotional materials for donors
- Maintain strong working relationships with relevant partners in the sector, ensuring Girl Effect is well placed for future opportunities
- Develop effective strategic proposal and partnering strategies for live and anticipated funding opportunities
- Manage the development and implementation of prospect plans, keeping abreast of development sector trends to maximize opportunities for the organization
- Engage in strategic networking to expand the organization’s positioning and enhance the organization’s image and visibility
- Contributes to internal capacity building of colleagues related to fundraising, proposal development and strategic pre-positioning
- Maintain the CRM for recording and tracking opportunities
Who you are
- Proven experience working in the development sector with a strong understanding of the key thematics Girl Effect focuses on, such as, adolescent girls and young women, sexual and reproductive health and rights, gender, social behavior change communications, etc
- You have experience winning funding from a range of trusts, foundations and/or institutional donors such as USAID, FCDO, SIDA, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Hewlett Foundation, UN agencies etc
- Experience horizon scanning and identifying new opportunities for funding in the international development sector
- You have experience working in a diverse team; ideally across different time zones
- You care about creating shared impact and have experience working in partnership to develop proposals and design effective and impactful programmes for adolescent girls – and bring with you a network of relationships relevant to our work
- You are brilliant at external engagement and have experience in coalition and consortium building
- You are a positive and solution-oriented strategic thinker
- You are a collaborative problem-solver, able to work flexibly as part of a global team in a fast-paced and changing environment
- You have excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- You have demonstrable influencing skills at a senior leadership level You have strong interpersonal and influencing skills, able to manage conflict and handle sensitive issues, particularly in cross-cultural and cross-departmental contexts
- You have a strong commitment to realizing the potential of girls and to the vision and values of Girl Effect
What else you should know
As we continue to scale and grow – we are hugely ambitious for our future and we are looking for people who are driven to change the world for girls.
Our teams are a diverse mix across sectors (non-profit and commercial) and specialisms (from Brand and Creative through to Gender and Insight). You’ll learn and grow in an environment that will challenge you to think and work with a fresh perspective. In turn, you can expect to work somewhere where you will be stretched and developed in your role, a place where you can build your career and work with talented, engaged people committed to our cause.
Girl Effect is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We are committed to building an organization that is increasingly representative of the communities that we serve. To this end, due regard will be paid to recruiting candidates with diverse professional, academic and cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all those we work with and for, especially children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment, uphold standards in our safeguarding policy and our code of conduct. In particular:
- To take reasonable steps to prevent any harm caused by Girl Effect
- To report any safeguarding concerns through the reporting pathways
This role is being recruited as a 12 month fixed term contract.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Closing date for applications: 1st July 2022
You must be logged in to post a comment.