Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Manager – Data Quality & Architecture
This role is responsible for institutionalization and coordination of the enterprise data architecture – models, policies, rules, and standards that govern which data is collected and how data is acquired, transported, arranged, queried, integrated, and secured.
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Establish data practices and procedures that ensure adherence to the Data governance framework both at the business and corporate levels.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of Data integrity and Data protection standards.
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of corporate data dictionary, business glossary, standards and procedures.
- Manage enterprise data integration and architecture for the Authority.
- Develop data quality metrics that identify gaps and ensure compliance with data standards across the organization.
- Identify areas for data quality improvements and resolve data quality problems.
- In collaboration with subject matter experts and data stewards, define and implements data strategy, policies, controls, and programs to ensure the enterprise data is accurate, complete, and reliable.
- Manage, analyze, and resolve data issues and interventions needed to best meet business requirements while adhering to data standards.
- Definition of data strategy and translating business needs into data architecture deliverables and artifacts.
- Data solution design providing oversight and guidance related to data design and usage
- Design and development for enterprise data initiatives (operational, analytical, and reporting).
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Day-to-day operations, supervision, management of performance and development of staff in the unit
- Monitoring of data quality standards and metrics
- Implementation of data quality and architecture strategies, policies, frameworks and standards
- Oversee implementation of data integrations with internal and external data sources
- Develop and maintain inventory of corporate data maps, dictionaries and business glossary
- Financial Responsibility
Come up with innovative ways for operational efficiency to save costs.
- Responsibility for Physical Assets
III. Decision Making / Job Influence
- Coordinate the development and implementation of the data standards and policies
- Document the organization’s compliance to local and international data regulations
- Give directions on development of corporate data maps
- Advise on compliance of new systems, enhancements and processes to established data architecture standards
- Enabling availability and usability of data
- Recommend approaches and requirements for data quality and architecture.
- Data Maps
- Data Dictionaries and Business Glossaries
- Data Quality and Architecture Policies, Strategies, Frameworks and Standards
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
A university degree in Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics or related field from a recognized institution.
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
Membership of a relevant professional body.
Previous relevant work experience required.
Minimum of 5 years work experience in similar role with at least 2 years in entry-level management.
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes:
- Leadership and people management skills
- Data visualization, data migration and data modeling
- Relational database management systems, including SQL Server
- Database and cloud computing design, architectures, and data lakes
- Tax business understanding
- Good decision-making, planning and organizational skills
- Resilient, focused and results-oriented
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Good negotiation and interpersonal skills
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 30th June 2022.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to email@example.com
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)