Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
POSITION: CORPORATION SECRETARY AND MANAGER LEGAL SERVICES
Job Reference Number
: KYEB 2
: Corporation Secretary and Legal Services
: Chief Executive Officer
a) Job Specification
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail: –
- Providing guidance to the Board on their duties and responsibilities and on matters of Governance
- Carrying out Board induction and training; updating Board Committee Charters; preparation of Board Work-Plans; Board Evaluation; Governance Audit, and Implementation of the Code of Conduct and Ethics;
- Ensuring timely preparation and circulation of Board and Committee Papers;
- Ensuring timely circulation of Board and Committee Minutes;
- Keeping custody of the seal of the Organization and account to the Board for its use;
- Maintaining and update the Register of Conflict of Interest;
- Ensuring the Board Members are aware of all relevant laws affecting the Organization;
- Facilitating effective communication between the Organization and stakeholders;
- Ensuring that Annual returns are promptly filed with relevant authorities;
- Ensuring that Board and Committee papers are circulated in advance of any meeting;
- Providing legal guidance on contractual and statutory obligations binding to the Organization.
- Serve as liaison between The Board and the office of the Attorney General;
- Serve as Secretary to the Board;
- Preparing all The Board contracts, handle all litigation and conveyance matters of Kenya Yearbook;
- Custodian of The Board’ s legal documents including the register, seal, leases and contracts;
- Overseeing implementation of Mwongozo Code of Conduct at the Centre;
- Facilitating gazettement of Legal Notices issued by the Board from time to time
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have: –
- A minimum of twelve (12) years relevant work experience five (5) of which must have been in a management position in the public or private sector;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a recognized Institution;
- Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: – Law, Business Administration/Management, Public Policy/Public Policy and Governance or Diplomacy/International Studies from a recognized Institution;
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Member to the Law Society of Kenya;
- Hold current LSK practicing certificate;
- Member, Institute of Certified Public Secretary of Kenya (ICPSK) in good standing;
- Post Graduate Diploma in Law from the Council of Legal Education;
- Professional qualification and membership to a professional body;
- Leadership course from a recognized institution;
Key Competencies and skills
- Strategic Leadership and innovative thinking;
- Results oriented;
- Ability to build an effective team;
- Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Project planning and management skills; and
- Demonstrates competence in work performance.
Successful Candidates must meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
Candidates should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
KYEB is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. Therefore, people living with disabilities and the marginalized group are encouraged to apply.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to download and fill out the application form available on the website. The application form together with a detailed curriculum vitae (CV), copies of relevant academic and professional certificates and national ID must be submitted on or before 28th June 2022 latest 5.00 pm to the address below: –
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Yearbook Editorial Board
NHIF Building 4th Floor
P.O Box 34035-00100 NAIROBI
Through email; firstname.lastname@example.org