Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
POSITION: PRINCIPAL EDITOR
Job Reference Number: KYEB/HR/02/2022
Grade: KYEB 4
Immediate Supervisor: Assistant Manager – Editorial
a) Job Specification
Duties and Responsibilities will entail: –
- Revising content for publications across print and digital platforms
- Leading the digital publishing and social media teams
- Mentoring and Providing guidance to Editors and contributors
- Monitoring and evaluating quality of work by Editors
- Overseeing Editorial Interns
- Reviewing editorial artwork and graphics
- Ensuring timely delivery of edited and revised content to production teams
- Provide regular reports to Assistant Manager Editorial on status of publications
- Ensure content for publications are within the KYEB Editorial Policy and Guidelines about their objectivity and accuracy and that they are non-libellous
For appointment to this grade a candidate must have: –
- Minimum Eight (8) years’ work experience of which five (5) should be in supervisory position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication/Journalism or a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field plus a Diploma in Mass Communication/Journalism from a recognized institution
- Master’s Degree in Mass Communication/Journalism from a recognized institution
- Postgraduate Diploma in Communication/Journalism from a recognized institution
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent understanding of KYEB Editorial Policy and Guidelines
- Proficiency in KYEB publishing software and online media
- Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Demonstrated outstanding professional competence
Key Competencies and skills
- Editing Skills
- Strategic Leadership and innovative thinking;
- Results oriented;
- Ability to build an effective team
- Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Project planning and management skills;
- Logical thinking
- A strong grasp of modern technology
- Problem solving skills
Successful Candidates must meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
Candidates should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
KYEB is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. Therefore, people living with disabilities and the marginalized group are encouraged to apply.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to download and fill out the application form available on the website. The application form together with a detailed curriculum vitae (CV), copies of relevant academic and professional certificates and national ID must be submitted on or before 28th June 2022 latest 5.00 pm to the address below: –
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Yearbook Editorial Board
NHIF Building 4th Floor
P.O Box 34035-00100 NAIROBI
Through email; email@example.com