Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Health Safety & Security Coordinator is responsible for assisting the line management of the Kenya Country Programme in ensuring the safety and security of staff and programme implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and update HSS plans including SOPs and Contingency Plans.
- Develop HSS trend analysis and regularly update the Kenya HSS profile.
- Ensure that all NRC staff and visitors are fully cognizant of prevailing security threats and fully advised on means to reduce their vulnerability to those threats.
- Monitor the security preparedness of staff and enforce staff compliance with SOPs.
- Ensure compliance with HSS standards and develop action plans for security upgrade
- Conduct security assessments of new facilities and installations to ensure HSS compliance.
- Conduct security briefing for new international staff and visitors arriving in Kenya.
- Determine training needs and conduct HSS trainings to staff.
- Provide timely updates of all situational and security developments including investigation of security incidents to the Country Director.
- Submit all reports including weekly reports to the Country Director and the Regional HSS team.
- Provide advisory support to the Country Director on regular basis including analysis and planning.
- Support on post-incident analysis and follow up recommendations.
- Compile and submit the weekly security report for the Kenya Country Programme.
- Support in the development of the Kenya Country Programme strategy and supporting documentation as required.
- Support the Regional HSS unit for specific regional tasks as required, in consultation with the Country Director.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working as a senior security personnel in a humanitarian context.
- Extensive experience in security management and procedures.
- Ability to train, mobilize, and manage both international and national staff.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office.
- Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of local language and/or regional experience highly desirable
Skills, knowledge, and experience
- Knowledge of the security environment in Kenya and neighboring countries
- An understanding of the political context in Kenya
- Fluent Kiswahili and other languages in Kenya an advantage
- Understanding of core competencies of NRC
06/28/2022, 10:23 PM