Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities. To achieve our mission, we partner with diverse allies around the world to drive positive change across global supply chains and in many of our most critically important natural landscapes.
Our alliance spans 70 countries and includes farmers and forest communities, companies, governments, civil society, and millions of individuals. Together we work to protect forests and biodiversity, take action on climate, and promote the rights and improve the livelihoods of rural people.
As an international nonprofit organization with more than 30 years of experience in sustainability transformation, we understand that the social and economic well-being of rural communities is tightly connected to ecosystem health. This knowledge has shaped our rigorous programs to advance sustainable land-use and commodity production.
At the Rainforest Alliance we combat climate change, protect forests and biodiversity, promote human rights, and improve livelihoods. The enormity of the social and environmental challenges we are facing requires working together in a broad alliance. This is why we bring farmers, forest communities, companies, and consumers together to change the way the world produces, sources, and consumes.
To protect nature and improve lives it’s becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group
At the Rainforest Alliance we are looking for a collaborative and results oriented Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Officer to strengthen our collaborations in Africa. This position will support the spatial component implementation of the 2020 certification program risk-based assurance. The GIS officer will also document geo-datasets, produce analyses and visualizations for Landscape & Communities projects/programs and will act as a regional point of contact to update and streamline relevant regional data quality and processes in the geodata ecosystem.
- The Rainforest Alliance’s Core Values are Impact, Change, Collaboration, Openness and Trust and as such they form the basis of the behaviours we demonstrate;
- Validate and analyse GIS data to produce risk maps for deforestation and encroachment in Protected Areas.
- Assist the Assurance team in responding to questions and providing information to internal and external stakeholders;
- Support the targeting, design and monitoring and reporting of regional L&C projects and programs (e.g. ILM) with spatial analytics, geodata collection and visualizations;
- Support GIS data and process owners/stewards to ensure data are well-versioned and documented in the system;
- Contribute to drafting, updating and distributing geodata-oriented information, and materials; and
- Contribute to disseminating good regional use of GIS resources and best practices.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a functional area (volunteer and intern work considered).
- Bachelor’s degree in geoinformation, forest conservation, land and water management or related field.
- Ability to organize and manage data and good knowledge of Excel. Work experience in data management/processes is required
- Ability to understand and analyze data in various formats, aggregate information and report on trends and findings
- Knowledge of the ESRI platform and a remote sensing background.
- Knowledge of programming language (Python, R), or Goggle Earth engine is a plus;
- Knowledge of Certification Programmes (UTZ/RA) and /or any of our supply chains is a plus i.e. coffee, tea, cocoa is a plus
- Fluency in English and French is a mandatory requirement.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional, multi-cultural team with members in different parts of the world.
- Strong personal ethics and integrity and commitment to uphold the rules and values of the Rainforest Alliance.
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: June 27th, 2022
Only applications in English will be considered
Only candidates authorized to work in Cote d’Ivoire, Kenia or Ghana will be considered.