Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Associate
Reports to: AINFP Regional Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Travel: To location of program activities
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital, and markets. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
TechnoServe is implementing the USAID-funded Alliance for Inclusive and Nutritious Food Processing (AINFP) regional program in collaboration with Partners in Food Solutions (PFS). The program leverages the power of the private sector to increase the production of safer, more nutritious foods that prioritize procurement from local smallholder farmers and increase the availability of these foods to BoP consumers. This is achieved by supporting local food processing companies in Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania, Malawi, and Zambia through remote technical assistance from world-leading food processing companies under PFS and training to increase the availability of safe, affordable, and nutritious food.
The core activities that build the capacity of food processors to become more competitive include customized technical assistance (CTA) and Sector-Wide Training (SWT). Additionally, the program has continued to partner with ISF Advisers who work with financial institutions to help broaden financing options for the food processors in need of investment finance and operating capital.
As part of knowledge management and learning, information management is a critical aspect of the program, including data collection, capture, storage, processing, analysis, and dissemination.
The program intends to engage a keen, analytical, and methodical M&E associate who will support the M&E Manager in data collection, updating the required databases, including data merging, and analysis.
Specifically, in liaison with the Regional Monitoring and Evaluation Manager, the selected candidate will:
- Support in undertaking country field visits, and reporting.
- Support country teams in data collection (both qualitative and quantitative), validation, cleaning, analysis, and interpretation.
- Support in the maintenance of an up-to-date clients’ database and program metrics.
- Support in undertaking pre and post-training analysis, post-training follow-up, and documenting adoption of improved practices.
- Undertake statistical analysis of the program data, and identify relevant trends, and patterns for documentation of learnings.
- Merge different data sets (both qualitative and quantitative data) and undertake trend analysis and visualization over different periods (quarterly, after 6 months) as may be required.
- Support in undertaking research, and providing relevant evidence in the identified program priority learning areas (from primary and secondary data sources) to inform project learning.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Economics, Monitoring & Evaluation, or related field.
- At least 2 years of experience in program monitoring and evaluation, data collection, large and complex data management, and analysis.
- Advanced computer skills, including analytical software (e.g. Advanced Excel, SPSS, and STATA).
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience in data processing and management of large-scale and complex data sets.
- Knowledge of web-based surveys (e.g. ONA, google forms) is desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a multi-cultural team environment.
- Must be result-oriented and be able to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Working experience with donor-funded / development projects will be an advantage.
- Ability to travel across the country and internationally to support data collection.
Job Specific/Technical Competencies include:
- Communication Skills: Ability to present concise ideas/ findings, translate the data into an understandable document, and easily communicate complex ideas.
- Critical Thinking: Ability to look at the numbers, trends, and data and get to concise conclusions based on the findings.
- Attention to Detail: Data is precise hence the ability to be vigilant in data analysis to arrive at correct conclusions.
- Analytical Skills: Ability to work with large amounts of data and analyze large datasets: facts, figures, and number crunching.
To Apply: Please submit your application with the position title placed in the subject line. Please include (1) cover letter describing your interest, (2) curriculum vitae. Please include all requirements in a single document (pdf). Applications will be treated confidentially. Deadline for applications is 30th June 2022. Note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
TechnoServe encourages diversity in all levels and across all facets of our organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability and all other protected classes
You must be logged in to post a comment.