Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Title: Program Specialist
Reports to: Program Manager
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Everyone deserves the opportunity to build a better future. This simple idea has been at the heart of TechnoServe’s work around the world for over 50 years. TechnoServe is a pioneer in leveraging the power of business and markets to create sustainable pathways out of poverty.
The low-income communities in which we work are full of enterprising people. Their small-scale farms and businesses are the keys to economic development. But they face many challenges: low literacy, lack of access to jobs and markets, unpredictable political dynamics and, increasingly, the effects of climate change. For many women and young people, the challenges are even more daunting. Working with TechnoServe staff, people around the world are lifting themselves out of poverty. The results are amazing…when incomes increase and living conditions for families get better, they are able to access health care and education previously out of reach. Communities and even whole countries are better off.
The one-year Technical Assistance Accelerator Prelude (TAAP) investment will lay the foundation for a potential five-year Technical Assistance Accelerator (TAA) program main grant to increase relevant and sustained large-scale coverage of fortified foods. Under the initial TAAP, TechnoServe will develop, implement, and refine the model for the larger TAA program: establishing a PPP platform; building and managing relationships with private sector partners; and developing scalable tools and program elements. It will also serve as an opportunity to explore industry-owned innovations in the enabling environment for food fortification that harness digitalization.
The vision for the TAA, is a public-private partnership (PPP) with Fortification Partners providing technical assistance (TA) and high-quality inputs to over 100 national food processors per year in 9 countries, helping to close gaps in their motivation and ability to comply with national fortification regulations. The TAA will set up a platform to link these Fortification Partners with specific local food processors, matching Fortification Partners’ technical expertise and strategic interests with the identified capability gaps of the TA recipients. The TAAP will focus on 6 countries namely, Bangladesh, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Nigeria, of which India, Kenya and Nigeria will serve as operational nodes.
The Program Specialist will work with the Program Manager and other program staff to ensure that the listed deliverables below are executed to the highest quality of work to ensure the program achieves its objectives.
Key roles and responsibilities:
Stakeholder Engagement and Communication
- Coordinate and manage portfolio of TAAP companies
- Liaise with, communicate, and coordinate with TAAP processors/clients for scoping/diagnostic meetings in production facilities.
- Strategically maintain and develop relationships between the global private sector partners and TAAP processors in Kenya
- Develop strategies for effective tracking and monitoring of B2B matches between the TAAP processors and global partners in achieving set goals.
- Effectively capture mutually beneficial scope of work between the global partners and TAAP processors in Kenya.
- Prepare high-quality, rigorous reports and other materials to communicate the performance of TAAP Kenya
- When necessary, represent TAAP Kenya at meetings and conferences and all stakeholders
- Support the preparation of materials on TAAP Kenya for donors and public
- Provide technical and operational assistance to TAAP Kenya Manager (SFPM) and TAAP processors
- Contribute to concept development and fundraising proposals
- Support the Senior Food Processing/Fortification Manager and others to ensure that all TAAP program activities are completed according to the implementation timeframe and budget
- Implement innovative project management solutions to ensure constant communication and smooth and timely budget disbursements
- Support the exploration and building of new partnerships to reach program targets while demonstrating innovation and creative thinking in the face of complex situations.
Event Planning and Coordination
- Support stakeholder coordination efforts related to stakeholder convenings in form of Sector Wide Trainings-SWT, Validation workshops, CEO forum and other program learning events.
- Prepare concept notes, budgets, venue, and RSVP for planned events
- Prepare meeting notes and follows up on action items as discussed in preparation for scheduled events service providers/ consultants.
- Contribute to the development of relevant marketing materials to be presented for scheduled events with support from TechnoServe staff in the Home Office.
- Work with SFPM to identify and confirm attendees of these events, providing additional adequate briefs to participants when necessary. This should also include active tracking of RSVPs and follow up as required for the events.
- Ensures that s/he contributes the analysis of various platform options and IT support plan, by working with internal TechnoServe departments and external resources
- Prepare a run of show for the events as required
- Support program team to send follow-up emails and secure time to meet/ brief key representatives
- Most importantly, the selected applicant will be responsible for the following:
- Strategy – contribute to the development of the overall planning approach for the events, including goals, structure, theme, logistics, budget, and timeline.
- Logistics – Meeting platform and date selection; run-of-show development and support; working with vendors including IT consultants if needed
- Operation Support- Identifying and contracting appropriate vendors capable of providing necessary support for quality execution.
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time.
Competencies (Skills And Attributes):
- Excellent project management and strategic thinking abilities
- Strong analytical and technical abilities
- Negotiation and advocacy skills
- Ability to use initiative, prioritize, multi-task, and work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to operate within the corporate and public sectors to effectively liaise with private companies, development agencies, and governments in multiple cultures
- Ability to manage contractors to deliver high quality results
- Clear and systematic thinking that demonstrates good judgment, expert problem solving, and creativity
- Strong communication skills in multicultural, multi-lingual environment
- Flexible, goal oriented and willingness to travel in challenging environments
- IT literate with exposure and experience in using basic office packages ((Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to use other program management technology packages is an added advantage.
Required skills and experiences:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Nutrition, Food Science, Business Administration, Economics or a suitable equivalent.
- At least 3 years’ experience delivering:
- Project Management: Developing an effective strategy related to the overall planning approach for the event, including goals, structure, theme, logistics, budget, and timeline. This also includes the identification appropriate vendors capable of providing necessary support for quality execution.
- Conference Production and Logistics: Venue and date selection; run-of-show development and support; working with vendors including caterers and audio visual
- Branding and Communications Strategy: of technical concepts in a clear, compelling, and concise manner and constructing messages that are accessible to a range of audiences. This will also include development of solutions to support a variety of business needs including brand awareness, promotion, lead generation as well as user relationship building.
- Content Development and Editing: Taking full responsibility for the development of content for timely dissemination and ensuring the development of communications products meeting project standards on structure, clarity, and persuasiveness.
- Media Relations: Demonstrates comprehensive understanding of current media channels and tools, including social media. This entails conducting research for target audience and strategic goal setting.
- Communication Skills: Effective communication is also vital in this role, evidence of a role managing and communicating with senior managers and personnel on a range of project subjects, as is a role in dealing with potential clients, vendors and third parties.
- Stakeholder Management: Demonstrable evidence of applying and understanding general principles around outreach to various stakeholder groups such as private sector companies, government institutions, and development partners.
To Apply: Please submit your application with the position title placed in the subject line. Please include (1) cover letter describing your interest, (2) curriculum vitae. Please include all requirements in a single document (pdf). Applications will be treated confidentially. Deadline for applications is 22nd June 2022 and will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
TechnoServe encourages diversity in all levels and across all facets of our organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability and all other protected classes
You must be logged in to post a comment.