Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
World Vision Kenya is part of the Inter-Agency Scheme for the Disclosure of Safeguarding-related Misconduct in Recruitment Process within the Humanitarian and Development Sector and all candidates will thus be screened as appropriate for any safeguarding related misconduct.
Job Title : Project Officer – Nutrition
Reporting to : Project Manager
Grade Level : 12
Work Location : Field based (Various project locations)
Purpose of Position
Provide technical support and guide the implementation of nutrition interventions in the project. The Nutrition Officer will ensure the effective and efficient implementation of activities directly related to Integrated Management of Acute Malnutrition, Infant and Young Child Nutrition, Baby friendly community initiative and capacity building of health workers and community health volunteers in the respective county.
Programmatic and technical support for nutrition
- Programmatic and technical support for nutrition projects
- Ensure all affected children, pregnant and lactating women are identified, admitted and discharged from emergency nutrition programs as per national Integrated Management of Acute Malnutrition (IMAM) guidelines and Maternal Infant and Young Child Nutrition (IYCN) guidelines
- Support the communities to identify Nutrition challenges and develop community lead solutions during implementation of NICHE
- Provide technical support to the Ministry of Health staff to be able to implement Baby Friendly community initiatives at both county and Sub county level
- Work closely with community Health volunteers to mobilize communities to participate in nutrition project interventions
- Conduct training and sensitization of health facility staff and Community Health Volunteers on BFCI, IYCF and micronutrients supplementation
- Strengthening of community structures to ensure they receive appropriate health and nutrition services
- Support Community health volunteers to conduct household nutrition counselling for BFCI and NICHE beneficiaries at community level.
- Support the Sub-County and county nutrition officers) to conduct community follow ups for community units.
- Ensure Integration of child protection while implementing BFCI at community level.
- Integration of nutrition into livelihood interventions to ensure food security at household level.
- In liaison with project accountant ensure monthly tracking of project expenditure and manage work plans and budgets
Quality assurance for programmatic Designs, Assessments, Monitoring and Evaluation processes
- Develop quality reports: weekly situation reports, monthly reports and quarterly reports as per WV and/donor(s) reporting guidelines
- In liaison with other project partners and MoH develop monitoring plan, analyze nutrition information from health information system and other sources to understand trends for timely decision making
- Document success stories, and best practices to demonstrate the impact created by WVK from the project implementation
Advocacy, Engagement, Partnership and Networking
- Represent WVK in nutrition stakeholder meetings county and/or sub-county levels
- Conduct advocacy activities to ensure resource allocation to nutrition by county governments
- Engaging with MoH as Sub-County or county level to influence resource allocation nutrition
- Participate in County level technical working groups on nutrition relevant to policy forum.
- Provide support to community led processes of monitoring public service delivery.
- Ensure capacity Building of government community and CBOs be able to effectively manage and sustain Health and Nutrition interventions
- Ensure that key trainings meet the standard required to facilitate, provide knowledge and reinforcement of desired nutrition behaviour and practices.
- Identify potential areas for fundraising and provide information to inform fund raising initiatives for health and nutrition, education, gender, child protection and disability at all levels
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by supervisor or designee from time to time
- Participate and contribute in committees and task forces as may be required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of Bachelor degree in Nutrition or their equivalent.
- At least three years working experience of which two should be in a maternal, newborn and child health/nutrition interventions.
- MUST be registered with relevant health associations such e.g. Kenya Nutritionists and Dieticians Institute. Effective in written and verbal communication in English
- Good understanding of Ministry of health systems, Health and Nutrition programming models, standards and guidelines, Ministries of Health structures at county and national levels
- Familiarity of national Health and Nutrition policy and advocacy instruments and structures
- First-hand experience in health and Nutrition programming including in complex emergencies
- Experience in conducting health and nutrition surveys using Lot Quality Assurance Survey (LQAS), Open Data Kit or ENA-SMART methodologies is an added advantage.
- Significant experience working with an NGO environment, community and people’s groups, state institutions etc.
- Good understanding of SPHERE and other international standards.
- Excellent English communication skills (both oral and written).
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office and Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to take initiative, a team leader able to work with minimum supervision
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and emotional maturity
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only