Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Communication and Advocacy Officer
The position is located at RO ESA and reports to the Regional Manager for Eastern & Southern Africa.
Areas of responsibility
- Developing and implementing communications strategies & work-plans, campaigns, events, and other initiatives in support of the Regional Office for Eastern and Southern Africa and other strategic goals, ensuring alignment with the global communications priorities of ForumCiv.
- Contribute to the development of ForumCiv´s strategic and operational media/advocacy work.
- Enhance stakeholders’ understanding on ForumCiv RO ESA operations through dissemination of relevant communication and media related information at national, regional, and international level.
- Influence key stakeholders, media, policy makers, NGOs, and governments about ForumCiv RO ESA programmes through identified media outlets, social media platforms and ForumCiv website.
- Design and consolidate the communications component in the ForumCiv RO ESA programmes and projects.
- Updates of the editorial content of ForumCiv´s website, intranet, and social media in the RO ESA.
- Creating high quality media and multimedia content for dissemination in the ROESA, and via ForumCiv’s global-level platforms.
- Preparation of communications budgets.
- Maintaining up to date specialist knowledge of matters pertaining to the regional Office and issues under area of responsibility and up to date familiarity with ForumCiv’s wider global operations, policies.
- Advise and support to managers and employees at RO/CO who writes in ForumCiv’s digital channels.
- Secure that the graphic profile is aligned locally.
- Cooperate with the policy advisors, communication officers at HQ and give contextual input to strengthen ForumCiv’s advocacy work.
- Other tasks related to the work in the department/RO and delegated by line manager.
- Contribute to the organizational learning and development of ForumCiv in general, and of the RO in particular.
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined Globally and by Regional Office leadership.
- Proactively ensure that you operate in a secure environment and are aware of safety and security policies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND QUALITIES REQUIRED
The job holder should meet the following essential requirements and desired characteristics:
- Relevant academic degree in communications or equivalent qualifications.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working as communication officer.
- Proven experience in creating unique and engaging content for different channels such as web and social media.
- Very good communication skills and ability to adapt messages to the target group.
- Good knowledge of different channels and willing to keep up to date with communication trends.
- Excellent ability to express oneself orally and in writing in English and Kiswahili.
- Good knowledge in global and development issues.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects, prioritise, and deliver according to agreed time plan.
- High computer skills, especially in CMS systems, social media channels, Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office suite.
- A person with strong interpersonal skills, collaborative, and a clear communicator. Organised yet flexible with a passion for contributing to a just and sustainable world.
This position is offered for an initial three years with three months probationary period, starting as soon as possible. The position is located at ForumCiv’s office in Nairobi. Duty travels are part of the position.
ForumCiv is working for equal opportunities for all. We encourage qualified applicants regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, functional ability or ethnic and religious affiliation to apply for the position.
Candidates should submit an application to firstname.lastname@example.org in English, consisting of CV (max 3 pages) and Cover Letter (max 1 pages) including summary of your key qualifications and relevant work experience for the position as Communications and Advocacy Officer. The email subject should read “Communications and Advocacy Officer”
Closing date for receiving the applications will be Monday June 27, 2022.