Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Closing on:Jul 14, 2022
ACTSERVis an actuarial consulting firm with two decades of business visibility. Our staff have acquired extensive knowledge, experience and expertise in executing advisory services in employee benefits, life insurance, banking, health and general insurance, and investments in Africa.
We are seeking to recruit a Legal Officer to support the organization’s legal affairs and provision of legal counsel to the board of directors, managing director and other senior management.
Reporting to: Managing Director.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting the Managing Director by providing legal expertise and advisory to management and the Board of Directors on legal matters relating to the organization’s functions, structures and activities;
- Developing and supporting the corporate legal strategy to promote and protect the company’s matters;
- Preparing routine Board resolutions and, where necessary, drafting relevant Board papers;
- Advising the management on legislative updates and monitoring compliance to legal and regulatory corporate governance requirements;
- Coordinating and engaging with outside counsel, state law office, and regulatory government bodies on legal matters affecting the Company and its group, as needed;
- Representing the company in legal matters;
- Drawing and vetting of contracts, agreements, tender documents and other legal documents (to be, or) entered into between the company and third parties;
- Performing such other legal related roles as may be assigned by the Managing Director from time to time.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required:
- Bachelor’s degree of Law (LLB) from an accredited institution;
- Postgraduate Law Diploma from Kenya School of Law & Advocate of the High Court of Kenya, an added advantage;
- At least 2 years relevant work experience in legal support/ advisory and/or Private Corporate matters;
- A member of the Law Society of Kenya (LSK);
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution;
- A result-oriented individual with excellent communication skills, negotiation and interpersonal skills, a strategic planner with attention to detail and leadership skills.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their cover letter and CV with 3 professional referees, on or before close of business, 24th July, 2022.
Please Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.