Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
AFIDEP is looking to recruit a dynamic and experienced expert to fill the position of Project Director or Chief of Party for an ongoing five-year USAID-funded project titled Building Capacity for Integrated FP/RH and PED Action (BUILD). BUILD seeks to ensure decision-makers understand the cross-sectoral benefits of voluntary family planning and, in turn, implement policies and programs to help meet the demand for family planning and other development sector outcomes. The program also seeks to increase gender equality and promote youth empowerment to achieve sustainable development outcomes.
BUILD seeks to strengthen individual and institutional capacity in advocacy, policy communications, and negotiations (Result 1); and increase commitment to cross-sectoral approaches to integrate population, the environment and climate change, food security and livelihoods, and governance (Result 2). BUILD is working with host country governments, other donors, implementing partners, and civil society in Africa and Asia to ensure that voluntary FP/RH and population dynamics are included in policies and programmes as key to sustainable and equitable development and economic growth.
The BUILD consortium is led by AFIDEP and includes the following partners: Leadership for Environment and Development Southern and Eastern Africa (LEAD SEA), Path Foundation Philippines Inc (PFPI), Family Health International 360 (FHI360), and Pan-African Climate Justice Alliance (PACJA). The BUILD Project Director will be responsible for overall project performance, management, and execution, ensuring all project deliverables and envisaged impacts are achieved within approved timelines, budget, expected quality standards and USAID compliance requirements.
The Project Director will work full-time and be based in the Institute’s offices in Lilongwe (Malawi) or Nairobi (Kenya).
• Provide strategic direction on project management to ensure that the project targets and deliverables are technically sound and align with USAID’s priorities and regulations, ensure compliance, and lead the review of progress.
• Lead and motivate the project team to efficiently deliver a high-quality programme promptly and cost-effectively by creating and sustaining a positive organisational culture that strives for excellence.
• Represent AFIDEP and the BUILD consortium with key stakeholders, including USAID, other development partners, government ministries and departments, civil society, and the private sector, among others.
• Project a positive image of the BUILD Project by cultivating and curating tangible relationships and partnerships to ensure the project goals are achieved.
• Mobilise resources from other funding sources to extend project activities for sustainability.
• Oversee contracting and management of implementing partners and support them in designing and operationalising their project work plans and budgets.
• Oversee development of knowledge, evidence uptake, advocacy, and communications products to showcase the impact and promote the project.
• Oversee the development and operationalisation of a robust monitoring, evaluation and learning system that effectively monitors, evaluates, and supports decision making
• Oversee development and execution of a robust system to manage and account for project finances in line with USAID requirements.
• Establish seamless communication and coordination among all the key stakeholders for effective implementation of interventions and tracking results.
• Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in public health, environment, climate change, social sciences, international development, natural resource management, or related field
• Over ten years of experience leading the implementation of similar multi-region, multi-country, and multi-partner programmes.
• Experience in cultivating and nurturing strategic partnerships with development, state and non-state actors (including civil society, religious/traditional leaders and private sector), implementing organisations at regional, national and in-country levels.
• Demonstrable experience managing complex, cross-country, cross-regional, and multicultural teams to achieve results. Ability to understand and support the needs of diverse projects across organisations.
• Familiarity with USAID grant policies, regulations, and legislative requirements and experience working in a senior management position for USAID-funded projects, including being responsible for contract implementation and serving as the principal liaison with USAID on management and technical matters.
• Demonstrable experience and relevant technical expertise in systems thinking and integrated approaches concerning reproductive health/family planning, population, health and environment (PHE), and population, environment and development (PED) will be a notable advantage.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – written and oral proficiency in English. Proficiency in French will be an added advantage.
• Excellent planning, organisational, multi-tasking and decision-making skills
• Ability to travel in Africa, Asia, and the United States to oversee project work and attend review meetings.
For more details about AFIDEP and the position, visit our website at http://www.afidep.org.
To apply: Please send a motivation letter summarising your experience and suitability for the position, including the position title “BUILD Project Director’’ in the subject line of your email, and a detailed CV which should include three relevant referees to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 30th June 2022.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. AFIDEP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.