Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position Title: Senior Procurement Officer
Reports To: Procurement Supervisor
Division: Immigration & Refugee Program+ (IRP+)
Department: Administration, Procurement
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Grade Level: Grade 6, Officer, National
Introduction: Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit, faith-based organization transforming communities around the globe through just and sustainable solutions to hunger, poverty, displacement and disaster. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
This position is primarily responsible for carrying out the purchasing and procurement functions of supplies, equipment and services. It ensures procurement of high-quality and cost efficient supplies, equipment and services. The position is also responsible for maintaining purchasing records and facilitating accurate documentation to Finance.
- Manages the supply chain function at CWS which includes procurement of goods and services in a cost-effective, timely and transparent manner in line with CWS Polices, Co-operative Agreement and 2 CFR 200
- Ensures all approved quotations are captured in SAGE and approved LPOs sent to the vendors
- Reviews invoices and ensures complete documentation (GRN, Invoice, Delivery Note, LPO) and submits to finance for payment
- Manages the flow of complete procurement documents between the departments
- Supervising the Procurement officers
- Assigning daily tasks to the Procurement Officers
- Assists in conducting market research to capture the current cost, evaluate offers from vendors and negotiate better prices
- Tracks vendor invoices and utilities on the procurement excel spreadsheet
- Prepares VAT and DUTY exemptions for Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Kenya Revenue Authority in IPMIS system
- Regularly prepares the Note Verbale and updates the Note Verbal excel sheet
- Participates in budget preparation by researching cost estimates of proposed items
- Analyzes incoming bids by coming up with a comprehensive analysis on the requirements of the bid for review by the committee meetings
- Prepares the Request for proposal (RFP) reports for tender committee review
- Completes vendor forms and updates the scans and the vendor list on the fileserver
- Ensures reconciliations for vendors by comparing invoices and payments
- Participates in developing, facilitating, implementing, monitor and reviewing procurement plans
- Responsible for managing all updated procurement contracts, coordinate and monitor the supply chain function to ensure compliance with procurement policies and practices and donor requirements
- Liaises with vendors to create realistic delivery schedules and compare actual deliveries in order to evaluate vendor performance and responsiveness
- Coordinates and facilitates the vendor pre-qualification process
- Ensures procurement records are accurate, up to date and in compliance with donor policies
- In coordination with other departments establishes detailed requirements for office supplies, equipment and other goods and services required
- Tracks orders to ensure timely deliveries
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with all members of staff, and contactors both within and outside CWS Africa
- Performs any other duties as assigned to improve the operations of CWS Africa
- Five (5) years’ experience in procurement or with similar administrative responsibilities
- Demonstrated excellent computer skills for Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook Working knowledge of SAGE and 2 CFR 200
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills Strong written and verbal English skills
- Manage large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities.
- Maintain the integrity of official records;
- Analyse and solve complex problems and make sound decisions;
- Work with minimal supervision
- Maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
- Work independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa;
- Actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).
- Strong English communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment required.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and willingness to support CWS’ Platform on Racial Justice as a CWS employee required.
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Public Administration, Procurement or other related field required
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies Management is preferred
- Membership of professional body e.g KISM, CIPS etc
- COVID Vaccination is strongly recommended for all successful candidates
- The candidate should be of good health, willing and able to travel extensively in often difficult conditions, and have a high degree of flexibility. Must have proof of Yellow Fever vaccination before traveling for RSC Africa.
- This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya
- This position requires use of laptops at all time, competence in Microsoft office packages is required.
- This position may require travel in sub-Saharan Africa on short notice and under sometimes difficult conditions to meet demands of a dynamic operational program
- Background check which includes references and an educational and criminal check is required before the start of employment for International applicants.
- A valid passport and the ability to maintain a valid passport throughout the entire appointment is required, which includes having enough passport pages for travel.
- (Internationals – International applicants must be legally eligible to work and obtain a work permit in (Kenya) OR A valid U.S. passport and the ability to maintain a valid U.S. passport throughout the entire appointment is required, which includes having enough passport pages for travel
- Physical: This position requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements and lifting/carrying heavy loads.
- Environmental: Incumbents in this position will be exposed to excessive noise, marked changes in temperature and/or humidity, dust and infectious diseases, harsh weather climates, long work hours, bumpy roads, extended travel, excessive sun exposure, and non-ventilated spaces.
- Full time
- All employees should be prepared to work from the CWS office within their location of hire. Remote work arrangements may vary depending on location and the governing rulings regarding the COVID-19 pandemic
- Any other special requirements