Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Nairobi Hospital, a leading health care institution in Eastern Africa has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, results oriented and committed to continuous improvement. The successful candidates will be team players with the ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes and shape best clinical and non-clinical practice in line with our Strategic Plan (2019-2024).
RADIOECHOSONOGRAPHER REF: TNH/HRD/RECH/06/2022
Reporting to Manager Radiology, the successful applicants will be responsible for carrying out imaging scans for diagnostic purposes in line with established protocols. The job holder will additionally carry out echo-cardiograph tests in order to aid doctors in making accurate diagnosis for patients with cardiovascular diseases in line with established protocols and the Hospital’s patient care objectives.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Operate ultrasound equipment, select appropriate equipment settings, and adjust patient positions to obtain the best angles.
• Observe screening and make adjustments to equipment to ensure that the images produced are satisfactory for diagnostic purposes, as required.
• Perform validation protocols including obtaining written consent from patients or dependents for the procedures.
• Explain procedure to patients and transfer patients to the ultrasound table in order to prepare patients for ultrasound exam.
• Observe and care for patients throughout the examinations to ensure their safety and comfort.
• Provide written summary of technical findings to the physician for use in diagnosis.
• Process and code film from procedures and complete appropriate documentation.
• Carry out diagnostic cardiovascular and echocardiography examinations in line with established protocols.
• Locate and record internal elements of the body, including blood vessels and organs, and identify any anomalies indicative of disease, injury, or other medically significant condition
• Carry out imaging and non-imaging cardiovascular evaluations including exercise tolerance tests, Holter monitoring, event recorders, electrocardiograms, stress tests, and trans-oesophageal echocardiography.
• Educate the patients on pre-test preparations, explain procedures, calm patients during procedures and adjust equipment to eliminate test artefacts.
• Monitor patients for potentially dangerous physical and emotional changes,
recognize any abnormal rhythms and notify the physician accordingly.
• Evaluate test results to ensure clarity and accuracy and inform the physician of preliminary findings as requested.
• Record and store suitable images in line with established protocols; and
• Distribute completed test results to physicians and service providers.
• Maintain patient charts, enter diagnosis, and billing codes, logs data into patient information systems, and update file systems for tests performed.
• Any other responsibilities that may be assigned to the job holder by the supervisor from time to time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Higher Diploma in Diagnostic Radiography or Medical Imaging Sciences from a recognized institution.
• Diploma in Echocardiography or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
• Must be registered with the Radiography Council of Kenya and hold a valid
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in sonography.
• Computer proficiency and ability to determine correct procedures and perform a variety of clinical imaging.
• Ability to carry out CT scans
• Ability to interpret sonography images
• Ability to carry out and interpret results of Echo Cardio tests
• Knowledge of human anatomy and physiology
• Ability to work and trouble shoot echo cardio equipment
• Knowledge of radiation safety standards
• Knowledge of quality management systems
• Patient care skills
• Attention to detail
• Customer service skills
• Planning and organising skills
• Ability to mentor3 | P a g e
• Communication skills
• Interpersonal skills
If your background, experience, and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume in PDF) quoting the job reference number, testimonials, and full contact details of 3 referees, to reach the undersigned not later than 30th June 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We shall ONLY accept ONLINE applications and contact SHORTLISTED candidates. The Nairobi Hospital does NOT charge recruitment fees.
Director, Human Resources & Operations
The Nairobi Hospital
P. O. Box 30026 – 00100