Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Nairobi Hospital, a leading health care institution in Eastern Africa has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, results oriented and committed to continuous improvement. The successful candidates will be team players with the ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes and shape best clinical and non-clinical practice in line with our Strategic Plan (2019-2024).
SENIOR REGISTRAR (2 years contract) – OBSTETRICS & GYNAECOLOGY REF:
Reporting to Director, Medical Services & Research, the successful applicants will be responsible for carrying out clinical procedures and clinical management of in-patient and out-patient patients in order to offer curative services in line with established protocols and the hospital’s patient care objectives.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Carry out initial patient assessment, treatment, stabilization and referrals in line with the patients’ condition in order to achieve optimal patient care.
• Carry out non-emergency and emergency procedures on patients in consultation with the Specialist and/or Consultant.
• Carry outward rounds for daily clinical progress and management of patients in consultation with the Specialist and/or Consultant.
• Mentor medical officers in clinical procedures to impart knowledge and improve patient care.
• Participate in continuous medical evaluations to sharpen medical knowledge and skills in area of specialization.
• Pursue mentorship opportunities in applicable specialty area under a specialist or consultant in compliance with the specialist recognition requirements.
• Participate in patient reviews in outpatient clinics as and when required.
• Participate in research activities in applicable specialty area in line with set
• Participate in the development and/or review of protocols in applicable specialty area to enhance clinical management.2 | P a g e
• Ensure high levels of patient confidentiality and work ethic in line with applicable code of conduct and hospital objectives; and
• Any other responsibilities that may be assigned to the job holder by the supervisor from time to time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Master of Medicine degree in Obstetrics & Gynaecology.
• Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery degree from a recognized institution.
• Must be registered by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentist Council and hold
a valid practicing license.
• Specialist recognition from the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentist Council
• Basic Life Support training.
• LSO Advanced Life Support training
• Emergent lifesaving skills
• Recognition and assessment of patient’s and ability to intervene as required
• Ability to carry out emergent and non-emergent procedures including IV
cannulation, cathetization and emergency intubation among others
• Patient care skills
• Effective decision-making and judgement skills
• Basic counselling skills
• Ability to work for long hours under pressure
• Drive and openness to learning
• Time management skills
• Analytical skills
• Research skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail
• Planning and organising skills
• Communication skills including presentation and facilitation skills
• Team working skills
If your background, experience, and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume in PDF) quoting the job reference number, testimonials, and full contact details of 3 referees, to reach the undersigned not later than 30th June 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We shall ONLY accept ONLINE applications and contact SHORTLISTED candidates.
The Nairobi Hospital does NOT charge recruitment fees.
Director, Human Resources & Operations
The Nairobi Hospital
P. O. Box 30026 – 00100