Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Investigations Officer, Contracts
Ref No. CAK/02.06/2022
- Reviewing contracts between buyer and supplier undertakings to identify and establish instances of imposition unfavourable terms of trade on suppliers;
- Collecting evidence in complaints of discriminatory, arbitrary or unfavourable treatment of private labels versus branded goods;
- Investigating the nature and determination of contract terms between the undertakings;
- Collecting market intelligence on buyer power infractions related to discriminatory, arbitrary or unfavorable treatment of private labels versus branded goods;
- Collecting and reviewing evidence to establish sectors experiencing or likely to experience incidences of abuse of buyer power in the national economy for purposes of imposing reporting and prudential requirements to ensuring compliance;
- Conducting compliance checks with regard to Guidelines on Prompt Payment and Codes of Practice by sector players in sectors experiencing or likely to experience incidences of abuse of buyer power;
- Preparing reports of sensitizations and capacity building initiatives on obligations, rights and remedies on abuse of buyer power;
- Preparing of sensitization and capacity building reports
- Carrying out research on best practices on Buyer Power enforcement
- Drafting template supply contracts for sectors;
- Collecting material for development and review of buyer power guidelines; and
- Participating in and preparing of reports on mediation of disputes between undertakings regarding contracts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Law, Business Administration, or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Good Communication skills;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Analytical skills; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution
HOW TO APPLY
Interested persons who meet the above requirements are advised to submit their applications to the;
Competition Authority of Kenya
P O Box 36265 – 00200
A complete application shall include:
- Application letter;
- Detailed CV;
- Copy of National Identification Card;
- Certified copies of Academic and Professional certificates; and
- Names and contacts (telephone and e-mail) of three (3) professional referees.
Applications close on 4th July, 2022 at 1700hrs. The Authority will only consider applications containing all the required attachments.
The Competition Authority of Kenya “is an ALL-inclusive Employer”
Canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.