Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Egis is a global consulting and engineering firm working in construction, transport and mobility services. Our mission: create and operate intelligent infrastructure and buildings to further the transition to a low-carbon economy and contribute to more balanced and sustainable territorial development. To support our growth dynamic, we offer a wide variety of career opportunities in more than 120 countries. Joining our Group and its 16,000 employees means, above all, sharing our values as a people-first company, strongly committed to sustainability and innovation.
Job title : Chief Commercial Officer – East Africa
Contract type: Permanent contract
Business Unit specific context
Egis is a global consulting and engineering firm working in construction, transport and mobility services. Our mission: create and operate intelligent infrastructure and buildings to further the transition to a low-carbon economy and contribute to more balanced and sustainable territorial development. To support our growth dynamic, we offer a wide variety of career opportunities in more than 100 countries. Joining our Group and its 16,000 employees means, above all, sharing our values as a people-first company, strongly committed to sustainability and innovation.
Egis has a strong development ambitions in Africa, in order to support the Group’s strategy.
The Chief Commercial Officer – East Africa is responsible to develop the Group’s strategy in East Africa and monitor its implementation, build the overall business development strategy and commercial action plans and ensure the execution of these plans. The CCO will take ownership of the business activities that will strengthen Egis market position in East Africa, drive differentiation through higher margin activities and grow the revenues, primarily through organic development but also acquisitions. In particular the CCO will be responsible for achieving the order intake targets and ensuring the efficiency of commercial organisation and processes within East Africa.
– Maintain the highest standards of corporate governance, ensuring that all commercial activity is carried out ethically and in compliance with relevant Company policies, local laws, regulations, standards and industry practices.
Vision & Leadership
– In line with the Group ambitions and in close collaboration with the Regional Leadership Team, define and achieve the commercial strategic objectives on a yearly basis with periodic reviews and define the acquisition strategy and pipeline
– Develop and execute strategic plans to strengthen Egis brand identity by understanding customer/industry key drivers and challenges and then emphasizing and aligning our core capabilities to these requirements
– Liaise with Country Managing Directors and Regional Business Line Directors to develop and implement programs for business enhancement, client retention and client expansion
– Identify, analyze and set business plans for each country and business line along with the appropriate detailed actions including formal business development and delivery plans per country and business line, with actionable milestones, review etc.
Client & Communication
– Understands client’s needs and tailors commercial offering to meet or exceed their requirements
– Accountable for developing the Client Engagement Plan to enhance the profitability of the company
– Liaises with Regional Business Line Directors and Country Managing Directors to ensure customer intimacy with key accounts
– Accountable for the generation and delivery of annual order intake forecast and revenue targets through detailed commercial action plans
-Accountable for delivering positive commercial results through strong negotiating skills which result in significant continuous improvements in margin performance
– Ensure all commercial processes are incorporated and include all relevant stakeholders (tax, finance, HR, legal etc) to maximize efficiency of pricing and tendering
Sales People Management
– Drive alignment by ensuring the integration of all business development activities into a single commercial action plan for Africa.
– Develop an efficient, cohesive and high performing business development team across the Region
– Undertake quarterly performance reviews of Account Managers & Business Development Managers against their commercial action plans
– Get regular feedback and stay informed on ongoing projects from the operations teams to maintain excellent business relations with existing clients
– Adopt and drive consistent & effective use of the available System to manage the sales pipeline (CRM) and reporting (Qlik)
– Responsible for assigning leads and opportunities to business development personnel and ensuring they all understand the commercial process, comply with its procedures and understand client requirements
– Responsible for driving and managing the tender process through the tender units
Education : Master’s degree in relevant engineering or business discipline or equivalent
Experience : Minimum of 10 years business development experience or commercial experience in the engineering consulting or construction industry or equivalent with at least 3 years supervision/ managerial duties.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate sales success and achieving growth in market share and ability to improve profitability metrics.
In addition the candidate must be able to demonstrate track record of successful high quality, effective client engagement at all levels of seniority and internal engagement with key stakeholders.
Intensive international experience. Specific experience in East Africa
Skills and Knowledge
-Business development capabilities; wide regional network with clients, potential partners and suppliers
-Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills incl. mentoring and coaching
-Demonstrated resilience, persistence and creative passion in building trust with all stakeholders, particularly when driving change – processes and people
-Demonstrated development of contracts, negotiations and execution
-Ability to relate and influence at all levels within own and client organizations
– Effective communicator (written and verbally) of commercial strategy and operation execution
-Experience in profit and loss (Financial Acumen) and management of multi-cultural areas
– Understanding of driving change in an effective manner
-Experience in creating Business Development plans and strategies
-Experience in preparing and delivering presentations to senior management internally and externally
-Self – confident, motivated, decisive, flexible, logical, methodical, determined and results driven with a sound business judgment
-Successful track record of delivering complex business projects in challenging environments
-Strong experience of successfully leading diverse teams in different locations, remotely
-Ability to operate successfully within a matrix management environment
-Good technical knowledge of Engineering and/or Consulting services
-Experience in planning, reporting, quota setting and overall account management, sales program implementation, sales compensation design and administration, recruiting and selection of talent·
-Fluent in English, French is a plus.
Job location :Africa, Kenya
City: Nairobi (with regular travel in East Africa)
Minimum level of education required
5-Master of Arts / Master of Science
Minimum level of experience required
Over 10 years
English (5- Proficiency)
You must be logged in to post a comment.