Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
With guidance and direct supervision from the Senior Executive Officer, Africa Regional Office, the Protocol Officer will be the focal point for all protocol services for the Africa Regional Office as well as follow up to ensure that all standard Federation procedures are in place and implemented accordingly.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor protocol issues, and in close collaboration with the Executive Office support communications with Diplomatic Missions, Embassies, International Organizations, Non-Governmental Organizations, ICRC, Secretariat in Geneva, National Societies Senior Management and Governance, Government protocol and other External Relations; maintain an updated database of all these contacts.
- Manage protocol and welcome services, and advice on any new policies that may impact on IFRC operations and relationships
- Supervising the drafting of all outgoing correspondence to various local entities and host authorities, reviewing, and assigning all incoming correspondences.
- Liaises and follows up with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Immigration Department on all new policy circulars or revisions on privileges and immunities
- Understand and communicate the travel process to all travelers to ensure adherence to procedures and controls. Perform regular reviews of the process and recommend and implement improvements to streamline the chain.
- Provide a comprehensive visitor/delegate welcome package and protocol services that includes information about Africa Region.
- Support the Region in diplomatic and protocol services for high-level visitations, missions, receptions, and diplomatic functions in Kenya ensuring established minimum diplomatic and protocol standards are met.
- Support Africa region office set up / closure on protocol related matters
- Maintain close liaison with the Executive Office particularly as regards to Senior Management protocol needs.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (continued)
- Coordinate obtaining necessary official documentation such as resident permits, visas and driving licenses for all delegates, staff, or visitors in the Region.
- Focal point for all administrative issues related with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kenya, and other governments within the Africa Regional Office.
- Brief new staff members on visa and immigration requirements of the Host Country and lead accreditation processes with the relevant authorities, including Visa Accreditation/Residents permit/End of mission cancellation of ID cards and Visa Letters
- Develop and maintain a database of supplementary service contracts that are related to the protocol function and that have been signed by all Parties.
- Coordinate protocol for high-level missions and visitations ensuring diplomatic and protocol etiquette is observed at airports.
- Document the management and collection of paperwork from the various Embassies, Government Ministries and departments or such forms that are required for the processing of visas and permits.
- Bachelor’s degree in administration or Political Science or International relations. Required
- Certificate in protocol. Required
- 5 years’ experience of working for humanitarian organisation in the same role. Required
- Red Cross/Red Crescent knowledge and experience. Preferred
- Ability to identify issues, formulate opinions, make conclusions and recommendations. Required
- Conceptual analytical and evaluative skills. Required
- Experience in working in a diplomatic institution, embassy or international organization. Required
- Experience of working in and managing office administration and basic protocol, including filing, liaison with organisations, translation/interpretation and report writing . Required
- Experience in maintaining program, contractual and confidential files. Required
Knowledge, Skills and Language
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural and cross functional environment. Required
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and handle multiple tasks. Required
- Must have computer working knowledge. Required
- Excellent communication and reporting skills. Required
- Good interpersonal skills an essential part of the job. Required
- Staff management and development skills. Required
Competencies and Values
- National Society relations
- Empowering others
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
You must be logged in to post a comment.