Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Kenya Forest Service (KFS) is a body corporate established under the Forest Conservation and Management Act (FCMA), 2016 with the mandate to enhance development, conservation and management of Kenya’s forest resources in all public forests for the equitable benefit of present and future generations.
In addition, the Service is mandated to provide technical advice and capacity build the County Governments in executing their respective devolved forestry functions among them management of community, private lands and on-farm forests.
KFS envisages to be an internationally recognized organization of excellence in knowledge based sustainable forest resources conservation and management. Towards this end, KFS has made tremendous and noteworthy milestones among them the attainment and surpassing of the 10% tree cover target as enshrined in the Constitution of Kenya which currently stands at 12.13% as per the National Forest Resources Assessment Report 2021.
These gains have made high positive impact in enhancing environmental integrity, economic growth, sociocultural development and climate change resilience. Subsequently, and in line with the provisions of the FCMA 2016 and Mwongozo Code of Governance for State Corporations, KFS is seeking to recruit qualified, performance driven and highly motivated individuals to support achievement of its strategic objectives in the highly dynamic forestry sector in the following positions;
a) Job Specifications
An Officer at this level will work under supervision of System Management & Development Officer.
b) Duties and responsibilities
- Undertake system design, development, testing of application programs as per set standards and policies;
- Installing, configuring and maintaining computer applications on ICT equipment (new/existing);
- Providing end user support and training users on effective and efficient use of ICT facilities;
- Work closely with user departments and undertake systems analysis of user requirements, design, implement, and support implemented ICT system changes, configurations and enhancements;
- Carrying out repairs and maintenance of ICT equipment and associated peripherals;
- Preparing hardware specifications for ICT equipment;
- verifying, validating and certifying ICT new equipment;
- Maintaining up to date ICT equipment inventory and issuance register;
- Installing, configuring, maintaining and monitoring Local Area Network components;
- Administering and managing users in the Active Directory, e-mail server and User applications;
- Updating and maintaining the KFS website;
- Ensuring Business continuity by performing regular data and application backups.
- Logging user problems, document solutions after resolving them;
- Preparing preventive maintenance schedule for ICT equipment and software; and
- Ensuring renewal of applications are in line with the renewal schedules.
- Promote public values and principles
- Mentoring and coaching
c) Person Specifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields: Information Technology, Computer Science, Business IT, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or other relevant and equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution
- Served for at least five (5) years in a relevant position
- Oracle developer programming (Forms and reports),PL/SQL
- Oracle database administration (DBA) certification
- Oracle techno-functional certification
- Unix/Linux training/certifications
- Experience in mobile applications development tools like Java/Java scripts,C/C++,PHP/Laravel ,Python, Perl,CSS/HTML,
- Certifications in Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA), Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP), MCSE qualifications or equivalent qualifications
- Membership in good standing of the relevant recognized professional body
- Proficiency in Computer applications.
Hard copy applications
In addition to the online application, applicants MUST print and attach the NOTIFICATION EMAIL as the first page to the hard copy applications. The hard copy application should clearly indicate the position and reference number. Attach current curriculum vitae (clearly indicating the mobile number, names and contact details of three referees), copies of relevant testimonials, academic and professional certificates and copy of national identity card.
The application should clearly be marked with reference number for each position and should either be sent through the post office or hand delivered to the following address in a sealed envelope marked “APPLICATION FOR (WRITE POSTION & REFERENCE); so as to reach the Service not later than 11th July, 2022 by 5.00pm.
NB: The application will not be considered complete until the two steps are successfully undertaken. Further, email applications shall not be considered.
Chief Conservator of Forests,
Kenya Forest Service, Karura, Off Kiambu Road,
P. O. Box 30513-00100, G.P.O.
Canvassing will lead to disqualification. The Service is ISO accredited and an equal opportunity employer. Applicants living with disabilities and those from marginalized areas and minority communities are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.