Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Kenya Forest Service (KFS) is a body corporate established under the Forest Conservation and Management Act (FCMA), 2016 with the mandate to enhance development, conservation and management of Kenya’s forest resources in all public forests for the equitable benefit of present and future generations.
In addition, the Service is mandated to provide technical advice and capacity build the County Governments in executing their respective devolved forestry functions among them management of community, private lands and on-farm forests.
KFS envisages to be an internationally recognized organization of excellence in knowledge based sustainable forest resources conservation and management. Towards this end, KFS has made tremendous and noteworthy milestones among them the attainment and surpassing of the 10% tree cover target as enshrined in the Constitution of Kenya which currently stands at 12.13% as per the National Forest Resources Assessment Report 2021.
These gains have made high positive impact in enhancing environmental integrity, economic growth, sociocultural development and climate change resilience. Subsequently, and in line with the provisions of the FCMA 2016 and Mwongozo Code of Governance for State Corporations, KFS is seeking to recruit qualified, performance driven and highly motivated individuals to support achievement of its strategic objectives in the highly dynamic forestry sector in the following positions;
a) Job Specifications
An Officer at this level shall report to the Chief Conservator of Forests
b) Duties and responsibilities
- Develop effective policies and strategies in Human Resource Management and Development, Finance and Accounts, Corporate Communications, Administration and Infrastructure Development, Information and Communication Technology(ICT) to meet the objectives of the Service
- Initiate and coordinate the Organization’s development intervention aimed at promoting culture change in Human Resource Management and Development, Finance and Accounts, Corporate Communications, Administration and Infrastructure Development, Information and Communication Technology(ICT)
- Prepare and Implement Work-plan for Human Resource Management and Development, Finance and Accounts, Corporate Communications, Administration and Infrastructure Development, Information and Communication Technology(ICT) activities
- Undertake bench marking and current development in Human Resource Management and Development, Finance and Accounts, Corporate Communications, Administration and Infrastructure Development, Information and Communication Technology (ICT) practises.
- Ensure Compliance with Financial reporting, Labour legislations, ICT, Infrastructure development and Communication standards.
- Ensure timely preparation of financial report and advise on strategy for debt management
- Preparation of strategic Plans for Human Resource Management and Development, Finance and Accounts, Corporate Communications, Administration and Infrastructure Development, Information and Communication Technology(ICT).
- coordinate the budgeting process, monitoring cash flow and overseeing the organization’s financial performance against the budget and operational goals
- Provide creative and constructive leadership in the formulation of annual budgets, board papers, strategic planning as well as advising the management,
- oversee high disciplinary standards promotions, employee relations, staff training and development, career planning, compensation management, succession management, staff welfare, industrial relations and performance management
- Oversee all issue regarding the financing of KFS activities and advise the Board on financial planning strategies and policies;
- overseeing the management of administration services, office services, fleet management, registry services, management of assets, and infrastructure development and other allied support services
- Initiating KFS brand strategy and positioning
- Developing and managing appropriate channels and partners to meet changing stakeholders needs and business goals
- Undertake multimedia, public relation and content development
- Oversee editing, publishing, production of documentaries
- Develop and implement sound financial management policies and procedures;
- Plan and coordinate timely preparation of annual Work Plans and budget estimates for the Corporate department;
- Develop and manage internal controls and compliance in the corporate department
- Participate in developing resource mobilization strategies for the departments;
- Oversee preparation of the final Annual Statement of Accounts in accordance with accounting standards and procedures;
- Monitor and evaluate funds applications and accountability;
- Developing and overseeing the implementation of a dynamic corporate strategy that is able to deliver services and results as envisioned in the strategic plan;
- Ensure prudent and optimal utilization of KFS funds and Assets;
- Provide up to date, accurate and prompt management accounts and reports to the management and the Board;
- Providing oversight for the KFS human capital affairs, ensuring that the Service has the right and sufficient human resource to meet its objectives;
- Providing oversight for effective records management systems;
- Participating in the development and review of KFS strategic plan;
- Reviewing the Corporate Services business plans in line with the overall strategic objectives and government performance contract
- Overseeing operations of Human Resource Management and Development, Finance and Accounts, Corporate Communications and Administration and Infrastructure Development, Information and Communication Technology (ICT)departments.
- Oversee the implementation of Corporate projects
- Responsible for resource mobilization for the Directorate
- promote public service values, principles and ethics
c) Person Specifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Business management (Human Resources, Finance or Accounting option) or other relevant and equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
- Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: – Business Administration or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
- At least twelve (12) years’ work experience four (4) years of which should have been served in the senior management
- Relevant Professional qualification such as IHRM Practitioner, Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya (ICPSK), (Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (CPAK) or Association of Certified Chartered Accountant (ACCA) or Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR), CHRP K.
- Certificate in Leadership Course lasting not less than our (4) weeks from a recognized institution
- Proficiency in computer applications
Hard copy applications
In addition to the online application, applicants MUST print and attach the NOTIFICATION EMAIL as the first page to the hard copy applications. The hard copy application should clearly indicate the position and reference number. Attach current curriculum vitae (clearly indicating the mobile number, names and contact details of three referees), copies of relevant testimonials, academic and professional certificates and copy of national identity card.
The application should clearly be marked with reference number for each position and should either be sent through the post office or hand delivered to the following address in a sealed envelope marked “APPLICATION FOR (WRITE POSTION & REFERENCE); so as to reach the Service not later than 11th July, 2022 by 5.00pm.
NB: The application will not be considered complete until the two steps are successfully undertaken. Further, email applications shall not be considered.
Chief Conservator of Forests,
Kenya Forest Service, Karura, Off Kiambu Road,
P. O. Box 30513-00100, G.P.O.
Canvassing will lead to disqualification. The Service is ISO accredited and an equal opportunity employer. Applicants living with disabilities and those from marginalized areas and minority communities are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.