Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Kenya Forest Service (KFS) is a body corporate established under the Forest Conservation and Management Act (FCMA), 2016 with the mandate to enhance development, conservation and management of Kenya’s forest resources in all public forests for the equitable benefit of present and future generations.
In addition, the Service is mandated to provide technical advice and capacity build the County Governments in executing their respective devolved forestry functions among them management of community, private lands and on-farm forests.
KFS envisages to be an internationally recognized organization of excellence in knowledge based sustainable forest resources conservation and management. Towards this end, KFS has made tremendous and noteworthy milestones among them the attainment and surpassing of the 10% tree cover target as enshrined in the Constitution of Kenya which currently stands at 12.13% as per the National Forest Resources Assessment Report 2021.
These gains have made high positive impact in enhancing environmental integrity, economic growth, sociocultural development and climate change resilience. Subsequently, and in line with the provisions of the FCMA 2016 and Mwongozo Code of Governance for State Corporations, KFS is seeking to recruit qualified, performance driven and highly motivated individuals to support achievement of its strategic objectives in the highly dynamic forestry sector in the following positions;
a) Job Specification
An officer at this level shall report to Head Engineering.
b) Duties and responsibilities;
- To supervise maintenance forest Roads and construction of new structures such bridges and culverts in areas of jurisdiction.
- To support and complement the Engineer hence provide a wide range of maintenance of civil works
- Coordinate and supervise road works and construction/ maintenance of bridges within jurisdiction of the road unit
- Supervise selection of suitable construction materials for road works.
- Supervise the construction fleet of equipment, plant and vehicles deployed at road units.
- Supervise all staff stationed at construction site(s) such as overseers, senior, inspectors, plant operators, drivers and artisans
- Ensure vehicles, plant and equipment are well serviced and maintained.
- Ensure safety of equipment and personnel in construction sites.
- Ensure professional standards and undertake quality control in road units.
- Co-ordinate procurement of materials, fuels, oils and tools garages.
- Compile work progress reports.
- Assist the Engineer in preparation of work programs
- Prepare civil designs, drawings and specifications.
- Make cost estimates for all civil projects.
- Arrange for material testing
- Ensure safety of equipment and personnel in roads unit
- Ensure correct standards are maintained in road works
- Inspect and certify all road works upon completion
- Prepare stores, tools, equipment, vehicles and plant ledgers.
- Promote public values and principles
- Mentoring and coaching
c) Person specification
- Diploma Civil Engineering from a recognized Institution
- Three (3) Years Working Experience
- Proficiency in computer applications
Hard copy applications
In addition to the online application, applicants MUST print and attach the NOTIFICATION EMAIL as the first page to the hard copy applications. The hard copy application should clearly indicate the position and reference number. Attach current curriculum vitae (clearly indicating the mobile number, names and contact details of three referees), copies of relevant testimonials, academic and professional certificates and copy of national identity card.
The application should clearly be marked with reference number for each position and should either be sent through the post office or hand delivered to the following address in a sealed envelope marked “APPLICATION FOR (WRITE POSTION & REFERENCE); so as to reach the Service not later than 11th July, 2022 by 5.00pm.
NB: The application will not be considered complete until the two steps are successfully undertaken. Further, email applications shall not be considered.
Chief Conservator of Forests,
Kenya Forest Service, Karura, Off Kiambu Road,
P. O. Box 30513-00100, G.P.O.
Canvassing will lead to disqualification. The Service is ISO accredited and an equal opportunity employer. Applicants living with disabilities and those from marginalized areas and minority communities are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.