Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Deputy Medical Coordinator
Work Location : Coordination Office – Nairobi
Start date : July 2022
Contract : 12 Months (with 3 months’ probation period) renewable based on performance)
Application deadline: 29th June 2022
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical humanitarian action-driven organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. 26 associations, 23 sections, and 16 branch offices make-up the international movement and work in partnership around 6 operational entities.
The selected candidate will be reporting to the Medical Coordinator.
Supporting the Medical Coordinator through delegated tasks and responsibilities including defining, leading and coordinating the entire medical scope of the mission, according to MSF protocols, standards, policies and values, in order to ensure the quality of the medical care given to the targeted population and thus improving their overall health and living conditions.
- Supporting the Medical Coordinator in defining, monitoring and updating the medical content of the MSF country policy and annual plan, by scanning health needs and translating them into objectives, priorities and resources needed in order to cover medical and humanitarian needs of the population at risk.
- At the request of the Medical Coordinator, representing MSF before third parties concerning medical issues, ensuring its good public image and the alignment with the mission interests, through regular contacts with other actors in the country, negotiating with authorities when necessary, and informing on MSF charter, values and principles
- Participating and contributing in the definition and update of the country policy, annual plan, incl. EPREP and budgets in order to develop the projects and programs aimed at addressing humanitarian issues at stake ensuring its efficiency and quality (i.e.monitoring the project implementation, assisting the Project Coordinator and the medical teams in drafting the project proposal and followup, identifying priority needs, other potential areas of action and emergency situations and collaborating and assisting in the production of medical reports)
- Coaching, training and motivating the teams in the mission in order to align all field staff with MSF values and ethics, and ensuring their capability to carry out their job achieving MSF quality standards (i.e. induction, briefing/debriefing,training, potential detection)
- The Deputy Medical Coordinator is an active team member of the medical coordination and of all activities in Kenya by MSF OCG. S/he works closely with the other specialists in the medical team to provide a coherent medical approach in Kenya.
- The Deputy Medical Coordinator is expected to replace the Medical Coordinator during his/her absence.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
Proactively participate in intersection collaboration with MSF OCB and OCP who both run projects in Kenya (information sharing, regular meetings).
Emergency Planning and Preparedness
Lead the surveillance of selected regions known prone for emergencies as per the intersection mission EPREP Build an active and complete network regarding emergencies in the country/region Plan placing regular or ad hoc EPREP orders in coordination with supply team,mission pharmacist and the medical coordinator. Support projects in contingency planning and response initiation at project level;monitor threshold and make practical recommendations.
If assigned, lead the initial phase of the assessment, compile the report, and share clear recommendations. Actively participate in response strategy discussions and brainstorming Take an active part during the implementation of any medical response to work as a clinician or any other practical job assignments deemed necessary
- Essential degree on medicine, public health, or other paramedical studies. Training in tropical medicine will be an asset
- Essential 2 years’ experience in relevant jobs, in MSF or other NGO’s in developing countries.
- English and Kiswahili language essential
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Strategic Vision L2
- Leadership L2
- People Management and Development L3
- ServiceOrientation L3
- Teamwork and Cooperation L4
If you meet the above requirements, please send your CV, motivation letter on or before the 29th June 2022.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
(MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee)
You must be logged in to post a comment.