Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Location: Any MSF Office
Contract: Permanent position, full time
Starting date: August 2022
Deadline for applications: 6 July 2022
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical humanitarian action-driven organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. 26 associations, 23 sections, and 16 branch offices make-up the international movement and work in partnership around 6 operational entities.
II. POSITION BACKGROUND
The Financial Controller is a member of MSF International Finance Department and reports to the Finance Manager of MSF International.
The objective of MSF International Finance Department is to ensure that MSF International funds are used adequately in accordance with our accountability principles and to enable the optimal use of financial resources.
III. OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
Working closely with the Finance Manager, and in some occasion directly with the Director of Resources of MSF International, the Financial Controller handles and analyses financial data, but also data from HR and related to environmental impact.
In this capacity the Financial Controller:
- Works with Budget Holders to prepare their budget and consolidates budgets into one overall budget for MSF International;
- Supports the Budget Holders in planning, forecasting and cost tracking;
- Upon request, supports financial evaluation of projects, examining and evaluating their cost-efficiency;
- Develops financial analysis and financial reports, implements and monitors KPIs; Maintains and improves IT tools.
The Financial Controller responsibilities are:
- Provide support and technical training to Budget Holders to build their budget including projections and financial simulations;
- Conduct regular meetings with Budget Holders to ensure that they are tracking costs, to understand their activities and challenges, and anticipate financial needs;
- Design and/or improve tools to develop MSF International annual budget, mid-year budget review, and multi-year projections.
Reporting and analysis
- Prepare regular financial analysis and monthly reporting on actual results compared to Budget and prior year;
- Prepare support materials for financial presentations to various platforms;
- Support the HR team in developing HR indicators and analysis, and prepare the Full Time Equivalent (FTE) reporting;
- Support on other reporting and ad hoc analysis as required (for e.g., carbon footprint and cost efficiency metrics for travels).
Management tools / IT systems
- In collaboration with the Finance Manager, implement new BI software for budgeting and monthly reporting (identification, roll out, and administration);
- Development of other tools for processing and analysing management data;
- Participate to the implementation of different Dynamics 365 modules or complementary software’s (for e.g., expense management, dematerialization).
Support to Accounting & Control
- Participate to monthly and annual closings (accruals, analytic allocations…);
- Contribution to the internal control system (ICS);
- Liaise with auditors when necessary;
- Other responsibilities may be delegated to the Financial Controller depending on workload in support of the Finance team.
- Genuine interest in and commitment to the humanitarian principles and challenges of MSF;
- Master’s degree in Finance or equivalent academic degree;
- At least five years of experience in a similar position;
- Proficiency in financial planning, analysis, and reporting;
- Outstanding organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work with senior managers and advise on financial matters;
- Self-driven, positive, flexible and resilient with a hands-on approach;
- Ability to deal with confidential information;
- Strong computer literacy, including expertise in Excel (preferably with VBA), good knowledge on ERP and BI systems (Dynamics 365 and Power BI an asset);
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English, good level of French, another language is an asset.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
You must be logged in to post a comment.