Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Human Resources Advisor
Work Location: Nairobi
Start Date: 1st September 2022
Application deadline: July 8th 2022
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical humanitarian action-driven organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. 26 associations, 23 sections, and 16 branch offices make-up the international movement and work in partnership around 6 operational entities.
Reports hierarchically to the HR Advisor Coordinator; Reports functionally to the Operations Manager (OM) of the Operations Desk; Position will be situated in the Operations Desk.
Collaborates with Operations Desk & HRCO in designing the Mission’s HR objectives planned in Annual Planning / Mid-Year Review and related operational objectives.
Functional line management to HRCOs in their portfolio, providing direct guidance, coaching and support.
Directly responsible to provide HR tactical support and supervise the implementation of HR related policies and tools in the Mission portfolio of the OST, ensuring they are in line with OCAs HR and International framework and with the operational and context needs.
As a pro-active member of the OST, the HR Advisor Ops Desk acts as a liaison between Operations and HR Field Department in HQ, ensuring quality HR advice and an efficient flow of information between the two departments and disseminating HR state of affairs within the Mission portfolio.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES:
- Represents and liaises on behalf of HR Department towards the assigned Operational Desk and the Operational Support Team (OST)
- Responsible for supporting, coaching, steering and mentoring of HRCOs in the portfolio(s)
- Provides advice and guidance to the Operational Manager and the Operational Support Team (OST) to ensure HR requirements for the missions are met. Acts as sparring partner for the Desk
- Provides advice and guidance to OMs and other field managers on staff (yearly) planning, HR processes and staffing issues focusing on Locally Recruited Staff
- Provides overall framework, initiates, and coordinates, in collaboration with HRCOs, on mission related or Desk’s HR related activities such as staff year planning, projects, implementations, etc.
- Coordinates HR tactical/technical activities and leading on the specialised HR topics and policies such as Comp/Ben, talent management of locally recruited staff, Learning Development, Performance management, Disciplinary Procedures.
- Acts as the single point of contact and link from HR Field towards Operations for HR related initiatives and state of affairs within the portfolio’s mission(s).
- Regular field support visits of approximately 20 – 40% per year (1x per year to each mission and projects in the portfolio if needed) to gain in-depth understanding of mission and projects contexts and requirements, and offer F2F support and HQ HR representation in the portfolio’s mission(s)
- Coordinate and collaborates for any mission and project specific implementations such as changes in Function grid, IRP2 and other HR policies.
- Supports the HR&LD function in the mission to embed Responsible Behaviour and Engagement in the portfolio(s) mission.
- Coordinates tactical staffing year plan with HRCO focusing on development of NS (talent, succession & performance management)
- Support performance management in the field to ensure staff are fully accountable and acknowledged for their actions and results, including implementation of new Performance Management System
- In collaboration with the wider HRA team, develop common standards in tools and processes.
- Working closely with Learning & Development, support the mission HR & LD function in staff development, proactive talent and succession planning.
- Liaises with the HR Specialists and/or other international/intersectional initiatives/working groups
- Enhance leadership and people management skills, both on field and HQ level, and improving their capacity to manage complex situation and increased volume of work and developing relevant guidance and tools
- Represents OCA’s interests in various HR platforms to flag issues, promote cohesive approaches and share lessons learned, with the objective of ensuring good quality support to operations
- With HR Management team, HR Department (Specialists, Implementers) on mission’s HR activities and state of affairs
- HRCo’s and other HR&LD related functions in the mission.
- (Senior) Line Management, Operations and Support departments on the HR tactical activities
- OST & L&D on proper execution of HRM tactical activities and development programmes
- Intersectional HR counterparts when needed
- Planning & organizing
- Organizational sensitivity
- Customer orientation
- Results orientation
- MSF experience is a must, preferable with several mission experience
- Essential degree in HR management or at least 5 years experience in HR at a senior level
- Willingness to travel of approximately 20 – 40% to the field
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Superior customer service skills
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, power point and internet)
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Experience working in a fast paced and demanding working environment
- Essential working language in English, French and Arabic a plus.
A challenging position within a stimulating, professional working environment in a major international organisation.
An employment contract from 1st September 2022 (or before if possible), based on 40 hours per week.
An annual salary of KES 5,181,181 corresponding to Level 4C of the MSF Eastern Africa Section (MSF EA) scale. Other benefits including a relocation package for non-Kenyan residents is foreseen where applicable. Other additional benefits and specific work conditions will be applied based on the MSF EA section policy.
If you recognise yourself in this profile and meet the requirements, we welcome you to apply directly via the Apply button on his page and upload a letter of motivation + Curriculum Vitae (in English) as one combined document (only applications with motivation will be included in the process). The closing date for applications is July 8th 2022.
Selection will be by means of an interview foreseen in the week of July 11th 2022.
Please note that only candidates that fully meet the requirements of the position will be taken into consideration.
Applicants should send the requirements above through the web link provided below.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
If you are interested in this post and would like additional information about the recruitment procedure, please contact our recruitment team.
We apologize that due to the volume of application we receive only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Incomplete applications will not be considered
***Acquisition is not appreciated***
You must be logged in to post a comment.