Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Project Manager – Counterterrorism and Security analyst
Location: Flexible – Home-based/Nairobi
Duration: Maximum 4 months, or earlier subject to finalisation of deliverables.
Reporting to: Director MSF EA
Deadline to apply: 26th June 2022
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical humanitarian action-driven organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. 26 associations, 23 sections, and 16 branch offices make-up the international movement and work in partnership around 6 operational entities.
MSF Eastern Africa came into being in 2021, growing out of the Nairobi Branch Office. The section is the regional institutional office for MSF in Eastern Africa and focuses on representation and networking, including with humanitarian organisations and authorities, recruiting and supporting staff from the region, communications and fundraising, as well as on other dossiers of importance to MSF such as Diversity, Equality and Inclusion (DEI), mutualization, trainings, medical operational support and environmental health.
MSF EA has identified key transversal areas of focus in its two-year strategic plan 2022-2023. This will enable the Section to grow and provide strategic support to the operations while building its capacity for future operational ambitions.
The Section provides operational (and administrative) support, interacts with the movement at different levels and is currently hosting teams/desks/units from other offices. This interaction involves different elements including mutualisation, coordination and organisation of the activities, structure and resources which need to work within the MSF EA set-up.
PLACE IN THE ORGANISATION
The consultant is supervised by the General Director and will work closely with the other Management Team, colleagues and team members.
PURPOSE OF THE CONSULTANCY
Deliver a concept paper and a framework that will enable the Section set up a counterterrorism & security analysis Unit.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
- Develop a project Concept note
- Identify key areas of interest and pertinent links with the Operations by liaising with other MSF entities in the region and globally.
- Develop a security and counterterrorism (SCT) framework and applicable approaches in relation with MSF vision and operations.
- Identify key relevant stakeholders, actors in the area in SCT in the region and globally.
- Develop job profiles for the Head of Unit and the Analyst.
- Identify technical and administrative requirements necessary for a smooth running of the SCT Unit
- Facilitate the recruitment of the Head of Security and CT Unit and the Analyst of Security and CT Unit.
- Demonstrated experience in the subject matter including design strategies in a multifaceted and diverse stakeholders organisation
- Rich/broad knowledge, network and experience in the region on security management, and related areas.
- Complex project management experience
- Ability to produce high quality, succinct reports with clear recommendations.
- Excellent written and presentation skills across audiences with diverse backgrounds
- Experience working for an international medical humanitarian or development not for profit organisation
- Experience in working in a multi-cultural, diverse environment and timezones
- Excellent knowledge of various ways in which people communicate
- Commitment to and experience of advancing equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Availability to start working ASAP
A challenging position within a stimulating, professional working environment in a major international organisation.
An employment/consultancy contract from 1 st July 2022, based on 40 hours per week. A competitive package based on the MSF EA terms/conditions including benefits such as a temporary relocation package for non-Kenyan residents where applicable, and flexible conditions for remote working subject to the defined deliverables.
If you recognise yourself in this profile, we welcome you to apply directly via the link provided below and upload in one combined document:
1. Letter of motivation and updated Curriculum Vitae in English;
2. One sample of writing written exclusively by you on the subject area (public report, published article, or similar). Applications should be sent through the weblink below:
Applications will be screened/considered on a rolling basis within the timelines provided.
For more information about the position and the role, please contact the General Director, MSF EA, Rolland Kaya: Rolland.firstname.lastname@example.org