Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
MECHANICAL ENGINEER (Mariakani)
All activities in Mechanical Maintenance (which includes namely, 6 Hi Mill, 4 Hi Mill, ARP, Pickling, MCL, CCL and RFs, roll shop, RGM’s, gas plants, Shot Blasting Machine and other Auxiliary and finishing equipment’s in the complex and all utilities):
- Develop and implement the overall mechanical works strategy for the mechanical maintenance.
- Identify gaps in the mechanical processes and implement strategies to close gaps and to improve equipment reliability, sustainability, and reduce maintenance costs.
- Excellent trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills to minimize equipment downtime. Ensure mechanical installations for the plant conform to approved standards to ensure sustainability and eliminate breakdowns.
- Provide technical support by responding to requests for mechanical problems for all mechanical work.
- Ensure equipment installations are reliable, safe and in good condition at all times.
- Evaluate spare needs, identify critical spares, and place appropriate orders and monitor usage.
- Ensure proper planning of major works and resources for the same.
- Responsible for manpower engagement and training for the mechanical maintenance team.
- Timely documentation of reports for mechanical issues and technical reports.
- Work with contractors and suppliers on our maintenance activities by ensuring high quality of work and compliance with all company policies and regulatory guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with the requirements of health and safety legislation, standards, procedures, and practices.
- Conduct regular risk assessments and audits on mechanical installations and identify high risk areas and initiate appropriate corrective actions.
- Identify, evaluate, plan, implement, and manage projects to improve equipment and safety performance, reduce costs, and ensure sustainability.
- Ensure that all mechanical equipment is installed and functional to support Production in achieving their production targets.
- Following the principles of continuous improvement by investigating and interrogating processes and systems and proposing recommendations to improve equipment efficiency.
- Provide technical support to Production team when required on mechanical works also Coordinate outside contracting with in house projects as necessary
- Participating in meetings when required with the plant personnel to share information, make decisions, and agree on action plans.
- Analyze all machine failures (breakdowns, unplanned corrective maintenance) and implement corrective measures to prevent re-occurrence of failures and safety incidents. Timely Root Cause Analysis and repair of major faults and breakdowns. Implementing Corrective & Preventive action plan.
- Develop, implement, and maintain equipment planned maintenance plans and schedules for all mechanical equipment as required and in accordance with the equipment manufacturer’s specifications, good engineering practice, and mechanical standards. Creating maintenance procedures & Methods.
- Strict monitoring of KPI’s as given by management and action should be taken to achieve them.
- Special focus to identify and arrest all kind of leakages (like Hydraulic, Pneumatic, Steam, water, acid, effluents) in equipment.
- Devise and carry out condition monitoring & Oil monitoring program.
- Controlling maintenance tools, stores, and equipment
- Plan, manage and control work done by subordinates ensuring all work is well documented.
- Ensure that subordinates have the resources required to do their jobs effectively.
- Train new employees in maintenance work processes and procedures
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering- Plant Option
- Good knowledge of AUTOCAD software for designing.
- Minimum 8 years experience in similar position in a busy manufacturing company
- Knowledge in RCA methodology
- Posses good knowledge in identifying and managing spare parts
- Good working knowledge of machines in process industry, hydraulics and pneumatics is desirable.
- Computer proficiency especially in PM module in SAP – ERP.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings as well as use of AUTOCAD.
- Ability to work independently and exhibit right leadership.