Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Location: Nairobi, Sub Saharan Africa, KE
Company: British Council
The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language. We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK. These connections lead to an understanding of each other’s strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
Senior Accountant Kenya
At an unprecedented time of change globally, the British Council seeks an experienced Senior Accountant to oversee financial control specialism within the Kenya Finance Function.
The role is accountable for the operational and strategic leadership of British Council’s (Kenya) Financial Control activities and country team. Focusing on timely, accurate, complete financial accounting and reporting in line with internal organisational requirements and external regulatory standards, while acting as a trusted partner to the business delivery and operational support teams.
This role supports the Financial Controller – East Africa with the end-to-end accounting process across the operation; including month and year end close, and ensures consistent, accurate and robust financial accounting processes in line with accounting practices and corporate policies.
The role will manage a team of accountant(s) based in Kenya.
Role specific knowledge and experience:
The main essential knowledge and experience points that we are looking for you to evidence are:
- Qualified accountant – ACCA, CPA, Country Accounting Qualification – with at least 3 years of post-qualification experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 3 years post-qualification experience
- Minimum of 4 years in a similar finance role
- Good understanding of financial control processes applicable to Commercial and/or Charitable organisations.
- Track record of managing key finance function in international / multinational organisation in similar context; and leading an efficient, innovative and result oriented team.
- Able to relay complex financial information in an easy-to-understand way to support non-financial managers to deliver against financial performance indicators
- Experience of managing a diverse team or group of stakeholders in multiple locations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience of an ERP system (SAP preferably)
- Experience working with international / multinational organisation
- Deliver and support the implementation of stringent financial requirements to multi-disciplinary internal staff and external partners.
- Direct experience of applying financial controls and procedures within complex operating environments to meet challenging contractual standards.
- Experience of overseeing, supporting and significantly improving financial management capability and performance of individuals and teams outside of formal / direct line management control
Role Specific Skills:
- Financial Reporting and Compliance
- Professional Accounting Standards
- Transactional Accounting and Closing
- Cash and Liquidity Management
- Tax Accounting
Pay Band – 7
Remuneration – KES 418,638 per month
Contract Type – Indefinite
Location – Nairobi, Kenya
Requirements – All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in country of application. The British Council will not facilitate/sponsor visa applications and work permits.
Closing Date – 30 June 2022 (23:59 South Africa Time)