Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral and Research Hospital (KUTRRH) is a State Corporation registered under Legal Notice Number 4 of 25th January 2019. KUTRRH seeks to engage qualified staff on a five (5) year performance-based renewable contract for the positions listed below. Applicants must demonstrate diligence, commitment and a positive attitude.
Research Manager – V/FT/65/2022 – (1 post)
Reporting to the Deputy Director Research and Clinical Trials. The Research Managers’ job exists to coordinate and provide project management and oversight services to ongoing projects within the hospital to ensure that projects are delivered on time and produce the desired results.
Duties and responsibilities
- Coordinate and execute assigned research projects.
- Lead research team to complete projects within allotted timelines and budgets.
- Address project issues and escalate complex issues to management.
- Demonstrable capacity in strategic thinking and excellent administrative and managerial skills.
- Proper understanding of financial management, good public relations and resource mobilization skills.
- Perform day-to-day management of project team and address any team issues promptly.
- Act as primary contact for client communications.
- Report project progress, status, and issues if any to the Principal Investigator on regular basis.
- Work with management to prepare project plan, budget and schedules.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Sciences, Analytical Chemistry, Applied Sciences, Public Health, or any related field.
- Master’s degree in any of the mentioned fields
- A PhD in a relevant field
- At least seven (7) years of experience in Research, Innovation and project management, preferably within a reputable organization
- Monitoring and evaluation skills desirable
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail; Demonstrated capacity to effectively communicate via writing, public speaking and interpersonal interactions.
- Knowledge of fundraising and grant writing techniques
- Knowledge of writing scientific proposals and papers
- Knowledge of Budget Management
Soft Skills Required
- Communication skills
- Team Management skills
- Analytical thinking skills
- Problem solving skills
- Organizational skills
- Decision-Making skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
If your background and competencies match the specifications of the above positions, please apply online via careers.kutrrh.go.ke
OR send hard copies of your Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae, and Filled Application Form and Licence ONLY to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O. Box 7674 – 00100 GPO
For all applications, please indicate the subject as follows: JOB APPLICATION – [JOB REFERENCE NUMBER]. Please note that you must attach the Application Letter, CV, Filled Application Form, and Practicing Licence when you apply online via the portal.
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is 6th July 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All successful candidates must fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, including;
• Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
• Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (for University graduates only)
• Tax Compliance Certificate from the KRA
• Clearance from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
• A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau
Any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
KUTRRH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
YOUTH, WOMEN AND PEOPLE LIVING WITH DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY