Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Strategic Communications · Nairobi, Kenya
Luminate is seeking a Regional Communications Manager who will focus on the development and execution of external strategic communications activities for Africa. The primary focus of this role will be on building the profile and reputation of Luminate, its team and its partners in Africa by implementing the strategic communications plan for the region. The candidate will also support the wider strategic communications work of Luminate across other regions/issues. The successful candidate will work closely with the Senior Director of Strategic Communications and Vice President, Africa on communications strategy, but the role will focus on executing media relations, thought leadership, events, social media activity and campaigns. The ideal candidate will be an exceptionally organised and strong communicator who can build relationships and engage a multitude of stakeholders, proven experience working across Africa, and has a creative approach to developing new and innovative ideas that will stretch the organisation and push the boundaries within the sector.
The role will report to Luminate’s Senior Director of Strategic Communications and will be a key member of the global Strategic Communications team. The position is based in Nairobi, Kenya with frequent regional and international travel (in normal times, usually circa a week abroad every 8-12 weeks).
The Regional Communications Manager will have a range of responsibilities to include the following:
- Managing and building the profile and reputation of Luminate in the region through its external communications, media relations, and thought leadership work
- Executing integrated communications plans to support the regional objectives of the organisation
- Carrying out media relations activity. Explore new and creative ways to engage with media and influencers
- Supporting internally and externally organised events, including theme development, speaker recruitment, content preparation, promotion and event logistics
- Working closely with the VP, Africa and funding leads to build their profiles to ensure they are being sought out as commentators
- Proactively advise on reputational or other risks for Luminate’s operations in the region
- Creating engaging content and articulate compelling narratives in line with Luminate’s corporate messaging and priorities
- Drafting high-quality collateral including press releases, media briefings, talking points, and blogs/op-eds
- Supporting social media and digital communications, including writing content
- Effectively building and managing relationships with partners, communication agencies, vendors, and a wide range of other stakeholders
- Maintaining and updating media contact lists/databases, and organising press conferences/briefings
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
Note: We view this section as a guide, not a checklist. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t satisfy every single bullet on this list.
- Mid-level role requiring several years of professional experience in a variety of communication roles (including both in-house and agency roles) across Africa and will have some experience of working in a fast moving, issues-based, highly decentralised, global organisation across multiple countries or regions
- Motivated by the breadth, complexity, and nuances of Luminate’s work and adept at juggling multiple campaigns and projects simultaneously
- Experience in purpose-driven social impact work such as corporate social responsibility, social change, philanthropy, or has a demonstrable interest in the issues/topics closely related to Luminate’s areas of work
- Highly organised and have expertise in and enthusiasm for working across media relations, content creation, social media, and campaign execution. Able to demonstrate positive outcomes in previous work
- Highly collaborative and diplomatic, but also comfortable working autonomously, in fast-moving, sometimes highly ambiguous and challenging professional contexts
- Excellent relationship-building skills, must be able to quickly do so both internally and externally, building rapport with key stakeholders, while demonstrating good judgment and dynamic, persuasive communications skills. Experience in working and building strong relationships with media, commentators, and other influencers
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Must be fluent and confident in English (spoken and written)
HOW TO APPLY
Luminate is partnering with Shortlist to find the ideal candidate for this role. Click this link- https://www.shortlist.net/jobs/6103 to apply directly through the Shortlist job board. Applications are due by 27 June 2022.
Luminate is a global philanthropic organisation focused on empowering people and institutions to work together to build just and fair societies. We work with our partners to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to participate in and to shape the issues affecting their societies, and to make those in positions of power more responsive and accountable.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION YOU SHOULD KNOW
Luminate believes that diversity and inclusion make us more successful in our work, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or national law.