Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Save a Girl Save a generation is an international NGO that works to promote gender equality and advocate against gender violence. We are focused on the eradication of Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) and forced marriage.
Safe in Nairobi is a temporary shelter for women who have undergone through FGM and/or forced marriages or are prone to suffer this custom, and are in danger due to a domestic violence situation. We are looking for a kind, hard working woman who is sensitive to this problem and is willing to be part of this initiative and help these women in need to escape from violence and have the opportunity to start a new life.
JOB POSITION: HOUSE MANAGER
The House Manager will actively participate in the recovery and healing process of the survivors, maintaining a safe, organized and clean space for them in the house. She will be responsible for the well being of the people living in the house, keeping rules and harmony, as well as all the logistics needed such as shopping, food, bills management and basic needs. She will coordinate the in-house activities and work hand in hand with the Social Worker.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive and welcome the women who will live in the house.
- Guide the new people throughout the rules and regulations of the home.
- Be in charge of the purchase of goods for the house.
- Coordinate house chores with the women living in the house.
- Keep records, invoices and accounting of all the purchases.
- Organize weekly and monthly budgets with the assistance of the Project Officer.
- Ensure a peaceful and good environment in the house.
- Attend the beneficiaries’ needs and support them as much as possible.
- Coordinate activities with the Social Worker.
- Coordinate and update the rest of the team through weekly or monthly meetings.
- Keep well informed about any issue or problem that might arise in the house and communicate to the rest of the team.
- Identify needs and opportunities.
- Attend training organized by the NGO.
- Proven experience managing a social house (children home, other shelters…)
- Knowledge of Gender Issues and GBV.
- Very sensitive, patient and flexible.
- Open minded and very proactive.
- High levels of responsibility, transparency and commitment.
- Share the mission and vision of SGSG and have the same perception of gender equality.
- Fluent in English and Swahili, both oral and written.
- To be able to perform any other duty assigned.
- Knowledge in Somali language
- Knowledge about FGM and Early Forced Marriages.
- Monthly salary of 30,000 kes.
- Accomodation and meals included in the shelter.
- Transport and communications allowance.
- Constant training about GBV.
- This position is pending funding confirmation.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates should send the CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the role position in the subject of the email, before the 15th July 2022.