Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
ACCOUNTANT (1 POST): REF NO. 02/2022
Scale: VMD 6
Basic Salary: Ksh 59,500 X4,500-93,500X6,000-99,500
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Qualifications and Requirements:
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Bachelors Degree in any of the following disciplines: Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Commerce or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in Computer application; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the constitution.
Duties and responsibilities entail assisting in;
- Preparing payment vouchers and submitting for processing in accordance with the laid down rules and regulations;
- Maintaining registers of documents received and dispatched from the department;
- Maintaining primary records such as cashbooks, ledgers, vote books and registers and preparation of management reports eg imprest and expenditure returns;
- Issuing receipts for monies received;
- Filing payments and receipts vouchers and ensuring safety of accounts files;
- Ensuring safe custody of finance records and assets;
- Maintaining registers of fixed assets, and debtors;
- Balancing and reconciling cashbooks on daily basis;
- Facilitating for withdrawal of cash for office use and ensuring safety of the same at all times;
- Preparing bank reconciliations, cash flow statements and monthly reports;
- Ensuring security of cheques and cheque books
- Processing and filing of statutory returns with the relevant institutions;
- Verifying cashbook, payment and surrender vouchers;
- Reviewing of the monthly staff payroll journals
- Preparing all transfer letters for submission to the bank to effect payments;
- Reconciling ledger control accounts, debtors and creditors ledger accounts; and
- Preparing Audit supporting schedules for audit purposes;
Competencies and skills
- Report writing;
How to apply
Candidates who meet the above criteria are advised to submit a hard or soft application, detailed curriculum vitae and other testimonials to:
The Chief Executive Officer, Veterinary Medicines Directorate;
Email email@example.com /firstname.lastname@example.org
or deliver hard copies with the envelope clearly marked Ref: …. to the Veterinary
Medicines Directorate Offices, PCPB Plaza, Loresho Ridge Ground Floor; Addressed to:
Veterinary Medicines Directorate
P.O. Box 66171-00800
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Monday 11th July, 2022 AT 5.00 P.M.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Veterinary Medicines Directorate is an equal opportunity employer and selects candidates on merit through fair and open competition from the widest range of eligible candidates.