Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT OFFICER (1 POST): REF NO: 03/2022
Scale: VMD 6
Basic Salary: Ksh 59,500 X4,500-93,500X6,000-99,500
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Qualifications and Requirements:
For appointment to this grade a candidate must have:
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resource Management, Development, Business Administration or Management, Public Administration, Social sciences or any other relevant field from a recognized institution.
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
Duties and responsibilities entail assisting in;
- Updating the leave and absence management master plan and roster;
- Capturing data in the Human Resource Management Information System (HRIS);
- Carrying out periodic data cleansing and compiling HR reports based on the ERP activities;
- Carrying out background checks on all employees on new appointment;
- Ensuring that statutory deductions and reports are submitted as per set guidelines;
- Verifying medical records, processing final dues, opening and closing staff files;
- Maintaining and updating a database for interns and attaché’ applicants;
- Drafting and verifying routine HR correspondences;
- Processing of salaries, allowances, benefits and final dues and payroll administration;
- Collating and analyzing training applications;
- Processing employee recruitment, promotion and exit documents;
- processing of leave applications, sick sheets and sick offs;
- Updating of Staff Medical details, Insurance Agency details and National Social Security Agency (NSSF) records;
- Ensuring compliance with the KRA, HELB, CID, NITA, EACC and CRB requirements for all employees;
- Carrying out leave administration;
- Updating human resource database;
- Analyzing data on work environment and employees’ satisfaction surveys.
- Inducting staff and on-boarding programs;
- Undertaking training needs analysis, projections and developing training programs;
- Developing training materials for in-house courses; and
- Administering performance appraisal, collating performance related data, analyzing and preparing related reports.
Competencies and skills
- Report writing
How to apply
Candidates who meet the above criteria are advised to submit a hard or soft application, detailed curriculum vitae and other testimonials to:
The Chief Executive Officer, Veterinary Medicines Directorate;
Email email@example.com /firstname.lastname@example.org
or deliver hard copies with the envelope clearly marked Ref: …. to the Veterinary
Medicines Directorate Offices, PCPB Plaza, Loresho Ridge Ground Floor; Addressed to:
Veterinary Medicines Directorate
P.O. Box 66171-00800
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Monday 11th July, 2022 AT 5.00 P.M.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Veterinary Medicines Directorate is an equal opportunity employer and selects candidates on merit through fair and open competition from the widest range of eligible candidates.