Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Aga Khan Hospital University – Project Coordinator, Institute of Human Development.
Project Coordinator, Institute of Human Development – (220000Z9)
Department: Institute of Human Development
Entity: Aga Khan University
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Chartered in 1983, Aga Khan University (AKU, http://www.aku.edu) is a private, autonomous and self-governing international university, with 13 teaching sites in 6 countries over three continents. An integral part of the Aga Khan Development Network (www.akdn.org), AKU provides higher education in multiple health science and social science disciplines, carries out research pertinent primarily to low- and middle-income countries and operates 7 hospitals (soon 8) and over 325 outreach clinics, all at international standards. It has almost 2,500 students and 14,000 staff. The University is both a model of academic excellence and an agent of social change. As a leading international institution dedicated to excellence and change, AKU operates on the core principles of quality, relevance, impact and access.
The Institute for Human Development is dedicated to the pursuit of knowledge with direct relevance for policies, programs, and practices that enhance life experiences at all stages of human development. In its foundational years, the Institute seeks particularly to become a visible instrumental force, locally as well as globally, for advancing knowledge about the earliest years of children’s development and for harnessing such knowledge for the purpose of shaping policies and interventions that ensure a strong start in life for all children wherever they may live.
To coordinate assessments and nursing care of patients attending hospitals participating in a genetic study of neuro-developmental disorders. The successful candidate will be expected to supervise data collection and ensure delivery of quality care to the participants.
- Coordinate medical and nursing care particularly for people visiting outpatient clinics
- Oversee the screen and identification of eligible participants
- Provide information, education and support to families or guardians of potentially eligible research participants
- Facilitate the participant consenting process for the NeuroDev study
- Manage study-specific research assistants assigned to this study
- Ensure meticulous record keeping
- A master’s degree in Public Health, Mental Health or Psychology
- An undergraduate clinic degree will be desirable (Medical degree, Bsc Nursing, Clinical psychology, Pharmacy)
- At least 2 years’ experience in research
- Willing to work extra hours when needed
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working for children and adolescents with developmental differences
How To Apply