Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Cereal Growers Association (CGA) is a national non-profit member-based farmer organisation incorporated in August 1996, to bring cereal farmers together in addressing industry challenges in Kenya. CGA works with industry stakeholders such as agricultural input suppliers, financial institutions, produce buyers, development partners, Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs), relevant Government agencies among others to provide services to its members. CGA aspires to be a leading agribusiness solutions provider through evidence-based advocacy, facilitating business linkages and strategic partnerships.
Principally reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Project Manager will be responsible for the project technical oversight and budget management to ensure successful implementation of activities. This entails proper planning and execution, impact measurement and reporting, partner management and innovations for the project. Supported by a team of Agribusiness Coordinators (ACs), the role will entail working with a wide network of public and private sector partners across several value chains.
Terms of Employment: Contract
Location: Nairobi, with significant field travel
ROLES AND RESPOSIBILITIES:
1. Support Technical Excellence in Program Execution
- Deliver market and value chain related outputs in collaboration with the project team.
- Develop sustainable rural agripreneurs to offer last mile linkages to smallholder farmers.
- Provide guidance in piloting and scaling of interventions across the food system development.
2. Internal and External Partner Management
- Network and participate in industry events to identify potential opportunities for enhanced program impact.
- Liaise with government officials, farmers, partners agencies and other stakeholders as necessary to enhance CGA’s and program reputation.
- Actively work to enhance teamwork and synergy in CGA program activities.
3. Project Management and Coordination
- Verify all travel expenses reports (TERs), Project advances and Procurement request.
- Monitor project expenses in coordination with the Finance department
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with colleagues, project staff, partner agencies, farmers and other public and private sectors actors.
4. Monitoring and Reporting
- Timely submission of project progress reports as scheduled or as per partner requests.
- Facilitate the collaborative development of a comprehensive Project Implementation Plan and Operational Plan together with the MEL, Communication and Finance teams
- Organise and oversee field visits and monitoring plans for ongoing monitoring and review of project activities; with a view to ascertain those activities are ongoing and that results, and outputs shared.
5. Staff Management
- Supervise Agribusiness Coordinators (ACs), while ensuring that they fully understand their responsibilities, work as a team, and deliver on their tasks in a timely manner.
- Guide, supervise, coach, manage, mentor, provide leadership and support to the project staff on a day-to-day basis to optimise on the delivery of program outputs.
- Ensure project staff have detailed and regularly updated implementation plans with feedback on improvement areas.
- Undertake annual staff appraisal in line with Job Description of the direct reports.
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 7 years’ experience in the implementation of donor funded market systems, agricultural value chain enterprise development or related projects, at a similar level
- A thorough understanding of project cycle management approaches and tools – including capacity assessment, developing implementation strategies, planning, project appraisal, monitoring and evaluation and report writing.
- Experience in designing strategies and approaches for enhancing agricultural production and increased income among small holder farmers.
- Experience in networking among public and private sector partners as well as donors.
- Experience working with rural agripreneurs.
Qualifications and other requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Project management, Agriculture, Economics, or related field. A Masters degree would be an added advantage.
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organisational, and writing skills.
- Proactive and motivated with a strong commitment to CGA’s vision, mission, and values.
- Strong computer skills especially with MS Word and Excel and other related packages.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team building skills.
- Ability and resilience to cope with multiple internal and external demands.
- High level skills and experience in capacity building and mentoring skills.
- High level of initiative, motivation, commitment, and professionalism.
Applicants should send a cover letter, CV explaining their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email contacts) of three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to firstname.lastname@example.org before or on 30th June 2022. The position title should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
Cereal Growers Association ( https://www.cga.co.ke ) is an equal opportunity employer
You must be logged in to post a comment.