Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About the job Human Resource Manager
About the company
At Ilara Health we are building a network of primary healthcare clinics (PHCs) delivering affordable, quality healthcare to Africa’s under-served communities through our diagnostic devices & solutions. Founded by entrepreneurs passionate about healthcare, Ilara Health brings in technology powered diagnostics from around the world and provides financing to make these diagnostics available in low to middle income communities, all integrated via a tech platform.
Ilara Health is a venture funded company on an aggressive growth path and this is an opportunity to get into an exciting, early stage tech startup that is bound to make an impact on healthcare outcomes in Africa.
We are looking for an experienced, ambitious and agile HR manager to lay the foundation of a formal HR function at Ilara Health. This role reports to the GM and is part of a very small HR squad in the organization. It involves end to end ownership of the function in true startup fashion. The HR Manager will plan, lead, direct, develop, and coordinate activities, and staff of the Human Resource (HR) department, ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the organization’s mission and talent strategy.
The responsibilities include:
- People management and NPS
- Collaborating with senior leadership to understand the organization’s goals and strategy related to company culture and Values.
- Administers or oversees the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Work with Department Heads to drive Employee engagement and productivity.
- Recruitment and Retention
- Identifies staffing and recruiting needs; develops and executes best practices for hiring and talent management.
- Work with Management and HODs in managing and tracking Employee turnover.
- Efficiency & Compliance
- Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from the organizations human resource information system (HRIS) or talent management system.
- Monitors and ensures the organizations compliance with local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
- Budget & Cost management
- Develops and implements departmental budget.
- Learning and Development
- Facilitates professional development, training, and certification activities for HR staff.
- Develop and implement learning strategies and programs for staff within the organization, career plans, etc.
- Performs other duties as required.
- 5+ years of previous experience working at Head of HR or HR Manager level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, Organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Previous experience in both small (<100 people/early stage) and large (>500 people) organizations
- Have a “do more with less mindset”. Using innovation to solve problems in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- A strong analytical and problem-solving individual, with strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
You must be logged in to post a comment.