Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
VACANCY: FINANCE MANAGER POSITION
The Kenya Association of Manufacturers (KAM), established in 1959, is a business membership organization representing over 750 leading manufacturing and value-add companies in Kenya. KAM is seeking to competitively fill the following vacant position:-
Designation: Finance Manager
Reporting to: Head of Finance & Operations
4 Staff members
Contract Type: Permanent
The Finance Manager is responsible for overseeing all financial accounting activities and services for a high-quality, results-oriented performance business.
Duties and Responsibilities
The specific duties and responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:-
Finance Management and Leadership
- Preparation of monthly cashflow projections and quarterly organizational forecasts to shore up the company’s cashflow position, to ensure that there is a balance between investments and availability of cash to fund operational activities.
- Preparation and presentation of the monthly management accounts and reports, review and analysis of the same, as well as carrying out the monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ensuring that all relevant statutory deductions are filed and remitted to the relevant government agencies monthly as well as filing of all tax-related issues (VAT, WHT, WHVAT, Annual corporate income taxes).
- Take lead in producing the final accounts in readiness for the annual statutory audit report as well as take lead in all project and kitty-related audits and ensure that they not only run smoothly but that the reports are also unqualified.
- Take lead in consolidating the organizational budget and fact-checking the same before review and approval by the Board.
- Cost management and accounting to ensure that costs are charged to the correct budget lines and within approved limits.
- Carry out monthly and YTD costs and budget variance analysis and provide reasons for any variances.
- Schedule and facilitate smooth and timely audits for legal and regulatory compliance.
- Ensure that all donor and project-related funds are used appropriately as per approved grant agreements and all financial donor reports are presented to donors as and when they fall due.
- Cultivate and maintain a good relationship with relevant KAM finance partners, such as Banks and other stakeholders.
- Manage the Finance Team to support the development and execution of the KAM Finance Strategy.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach on a consistent basis.
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, and conduct annual performance appraisals and advise on rewarding performance.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the CEO.
Person Specification, Attributes and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in either Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration from a recognized university.
- Professional qualification – Either CPA-K or ACCA finalist and professional affiliation.
- Minimum of 10 years’ (6 years at a senior management role) experience in accounting/finance experience with demonstrated success, preferably in a not-for-profit or in an association comparable to KAM.
- Good knowledge of accounting principles & standards (IFRS & GAAPs).
- Robust financial reporting & management skills.
- Analytical & research skills.
- Ability to multi-task and deliver amid tight delivery schedules.
- Ability to communicate and work well with others in different teams/units.
- Familiarity with accounting software and advanced Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building and nurturing relationships with key stakeholders.
- Experience in mentoring and coaching teams on financial/accounting matters.
- Strong interpersonal skills, articulate and persuasive communicator, written and oral.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualifying candidates should complete the online application and submit their CV and Application letter only to email@example.com indicating the words “Finance Manager” on the email subject line, so as to reach us not later than June 29, 2022. Click on Link here to apply: Shortlisting shall be on a rolling basis and only the shortlisted shall be contacted.