Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
MANAGER HOUSEKEEPING -JOB GRADE 3 (1 POST) REF: KICC/MHK/2022
The Manager, Housekeeping reports to the Director Operations and is responsible for cleanliness, aesthetic of rooms, public area, room set up, decoration, back areas and surroundings at the Convention Centre and asset management.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail;
- Oversee and direct the cleaning activities for the Corporation.
- Order cleaning materials and new items.
- To ensure that workers have the proper tools to perform their duties.
- Inform workers about the procedures and policies that have to be followed while cleaning rooms.
- Approval of department’s expenditure.
- Development and approval of budgets and expenses.
- Plans the work of subordinates, monitors and evaluates their performance.
- Responsible for physical assets assigned by the institution.
- Ensure standards in room set up are implemented and maintained.
- Ensure proper scheduling of the departments, keeping in mind the forecast and daily events.
- Oversees duties of Principal Housekeeper, Supervisors and Housekeeping Asso.
- Management and coordination of outsourced cleaning and landscaping service providers.
- Ensure modern methods, techniques and materials are used to promote efficiency and effectiveness in provision of housekeeping services.
- Master’s Degree in any of the following discipline: Hospitality Management, Hotel Management or any equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
- Bachelor degree in any of the following disciplines: – Hospitality Management, Hotel Management or any equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
- A minimum period of eight (8) years relevant work experience three (3) of which should have been at the level of senior officer.
- Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Demonstrated professional competence in Hotel or Housekeeping Management work.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fulfilling the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their application which should include: –
- One page statement on how you meet the requirements for the position
- Curriculum Vitae
- Indication of current salary
- Professional certificates and testimonials
- Three professional referees
Terms of offer
The successful candidate’s appointment will be as follows:-
- Job Grade KICC 3 shall be appointed contract of five (5) years renewable subject to performance.
- Job Grade KICC 4, KICC 6, KICC 8 shall be appointed on permanent and pensionable terms.
- Comply with Chapter 6 of the constitution and avail clearance certificates from: –
- Directorate of Criminal investigation (Certificate of good conduct)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Tax compliance
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applications should be sent under confidential cover with the envelope clearly marked as per your application Reference.
“Ref: KICC/……………….20……..” not later than ………………… at 5pm to: –
The Chief Executive Officer Kenyatta International Convention Centre P O Box 30746 – 00100 NAIROBI
Women, Persons Living with Disabilities and Marginalized are encouraged to apply. Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
You must be logged in to post a comment.