Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Green Belt Movement is a non-governmental organization founded in Kenya in 1977 by Professor Wangari Maathai. The Movement’s work focuses on conserving the environment by empowering rural women and communities through environmental education, supporting conservation and climate change mitigation activities in Kenya, and creating livelihood safety-nets at household level.
Under the supervision of the Communication Officer, the core function of this intern position is to support the Communication Office with various communication processes essential to day-to-day operations.
- Duration: 6 months
- Location: Nairobi, Green Belt Movement Headquarters
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in writing and editing reports, blogs and success stories;
- Assist in organizing events;
- Participate in activities organized by the organization or partners and write articles for dissemination;
- Assist in maintaining and engaging the general public through the organization’s social media sites;
- Assist in building strong and active relationships with the media to increase the organization’s profile in Kenya and internationally;
- Assist in responding to general requests as will be instructed;
- Assist in developing communication materials for events and help spread awareness through relevant channels; and
- Any other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Marketing, Communications or related qualification;
- Graduates, especially fresh graduates who show genuine desire to serve with demonstrated good character, honesty and high competency;
- Excellent writing, proofreading and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to analyze large sets of data and reports and synthesize complex issues;
- Familiarity with website management, social media platforms and branding;
- Ability to plan and curate campaigns, events and workshops;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Ability to stay focused, efficient, and effective in managing multiple priorities;
- Professional demeanor and ability to handle sensitive situations in a calm and professional manner;
- Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment;
- Proven ability to work independently to achieve accomplishments; and
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts.
How to Apply: To apply for this intern position, please send your cover letter and CV in one document outlining your suitability to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5PM EAT on 3rd July 2022 with the subject line Communications Intern Application. Please note only successful candidates will be contacted.
You must be logged in to post a comment.