Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Washington State University – Global Health (Kenya) Vacancy No. W111
The Washington State University – Global Health (WSU-GH) Kenya, which is a legally registered NGO. WSU GH – Kenya serves to manage a broad range of public health research projects in Kenya supported by WSU and its collaborating partners. WSU GH Kenya is implementing a retrospective study to investigate the burden of antimicrobial resistance among pediatric patients at Kenyatta National Hospital (KNH). The WSU Research Program has the following opening:
Position: Clinical Officer (3 Positions)
Contract duration: Four (4) Months (full-time engagement)
Reports To: Study Coordinator
Location: Nairobi, Kenya (KNH)
The clinical officer will be responsible for identifying patient medical records from the KNH records system and abstracting data from these patient files.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Identifying records from the KNH records system based on defined eligibility criteria.
- Review patient files, abstract information, and record data electronically.
- Collect survey data electronically as specified during the survey specific training.
- Review and edit data to ensure its completeness and accuracy.
- Maintain security and confidentiality of all study documents and patient information.
- Ensuring safe custody of study equipment (including tablets, power banks, chargers etc.).
- Performing other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine from a recognized institution.
- Registered with the Clinical Officers Council and with a valid practicing license.
- Minimum two (2) years’ practicing experience in data collection especially hospital studies.
- Working experience in a human research program/project will be an added advantage.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili (written and oral).
- Experience using REDCap software for data collection will be an added advantage.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Mobile phone/tablet data entry skills.
- Ability to evaluate, verify, and edit research data.
- Ability to work within- and follow public hospital procedures and processes.
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Willingness to work long hours under pressure.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send in their applications. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Cover letter highlighting your suitability for the advertised position, indicating the notice period required to give to take up the position should one be successful.
- Current CV with contact information (phone and email) of 3 references
- Copies of relevant certificates and transcripts
- Copy of practicing license and registration with the Clinical Officers Council
By 2359Hrs 26th June 2022 to email@example.com
Indicate “Clinical Officer” in the subject line of your application email.
WSU is an equal opportunity employer and we do not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
More information about Washington State University – Global Health Program, Kenya can be found at www.globalhealth.wsu.edu
Washington State University Global Health Program, Kenya: To promote equity in health and opportunity for all
P. O. Box 72938 – 00200, Nairobi, Kenya Telephone: +254 798 473 462www.globalhealth.wsu.edu