Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking to recruit a dynamic and experienced in Agricultural Economist (Ph.D.level) to conduct ex-ante socio-economic impact assessment of the late blight-resistant potato varieties in the four countries of the recently awarded ‘Global Biotech Potato Partnership’ project by USAID.
The Position: The Agricultural Economist (Ph.D. Level) will be based in Nairobi-Kenya and will report to the Scientist, Agricultural Economist, and co-report to the Leader of Biotechnology.
· Plan and set ex-ante economic analyses for biotech potato varieties in 4 Asian and Sub-Saharan countries.
· Conducts stakeholder and market analyses with a particular focus on implications on potato exports markets
· Organizes expert elicitation workshops in 4 Asian and Sub-Saharan countries for primary data collection and data verification.
· Collects secondary data for ex-ante foresight modeling from national statistics databases, and reports, and reviewing existing peer-reviewed literature, including grey literature.
· Contributes to project reporting and preparation of scientific manuscripts to be published in peer-reviewed journals
· Experiences with ex-post impact assessments and field experiences is a plus.
· Build internal and external contacts to develop relationships for future collaborations.
· Keep team members informed of the latest scientific advances in their fields of development.
· Develop new projects proposals and applications for external research funding by building on existing strengths and experience.
· PhD degree in Economics, Agricultural economics, environmental economics, or related field.
· At least 2 years of experience required in ex-ante economic modeling in a developing country context (recent PhD graduates with strong ex-ante economic modeling skills are encouraged to apply as well).
· Demonstrated ability to collect primary and secondary data.
· Ability to organize and facilitate workshops is a plus.
· Willingness to travel to Asian and Sub-Saharan countries.
· Ability to work with strict deadlines and in multi-disciplinary teams.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and deliver quality products.
· Advanced written and oral communication skills in English.
· Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
Resource Type:Global Recruited Staff (GRS)
Industry:Research and Development
You must be logged in to post a comment.