Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Title : CHIEF SOCIAL SAFEGUARDS OFFICER – HRAD/CRS/04/06/2022
Open From : Jun 24th, 2022 00:00 | Close Date : Jul 15th, 2022 23:59
Job Type: Careers | Job Function : Community Relations
Reports To: COMMUNITY RELATIONS MANAGER
The job holder is responsible for identifying and overseeing Social Safeguards issues for the company and be involved in implementing appropriately the resettlement action plan, support for grievance and redress mechanism during project implementation.
Job DescriptionDuties and responsibilities
- Lead and coordinate the planning and development of KenGen’s safeguards policies on the environment, involuntary resettlement and/or local communities.
- Provide operational coordination and specific inputs to KenGen projects to ensure compliance with safeguards policies during project preparation and implementation.
- Contribute to the evaluation, improvement and dissemination of KenGen’s safeguards policies. Support KenGen’s goal of poverty reduction and sustainable development and provide assistance as needed for applying safeguards knowledge to the development of tasks.
- Provide intensive on-site supervision of the consultancy firms and contractors working on the implementation of the various components of our projects, mediated/post relocation Action Plan.
- Supervise the implementation of findings and recommendations of the vulnerability assessment report, including the targeted actions for sustainable livelihood restoration.
- Assist in the development of sustainable consultation strategies that will see the strengthening of the existing local Grievance Redress Mechanisms to promote alternative dispute resolution strategies, and to ensure that complaints and grievances related to the project are promptly and effectively addressed.
- Assist in Stakeholder management, and work with PAP representatives to negotiate with the local project affected community, to harness their support to the consultants and contractors to ensure successful implementation of the Action Plan.
- Identify opportunities for institutional capacity building and promote KenGen capacity to manage resettlement and implementation of RAPs.
- Preparation of monitoring and progress reports for the consumption of KenGen management and other stakeholders.
- A minimum of 10 years relevant operational experience and proven track record in working on projects covering a broad range of resettlement and social development issues.
- A degree in Social Sciences including Sociology, Anthropology, Social Development, or other relevant field.
- Additional Community Development training and experience will be an added advantage
- Good understanding of the World Bank and other lenders’ operational policies, processes and procedures, especially the social safeguards policies.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of best practices in resettlement processes, land access and compensation in Kenya.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Minimum Years of Working Experience : 10
Minimum Education Level : Undergraduate
You must be logged in to post a comment.